The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Thanks, she is a cutie! She's been in the holding tank about 2 weeks (with copper). I never noticed it and go there often! She swam around and kept laying on the sand. Kinda has me worried. She's real skinny. I think she finally made her way into the sand for the night. Really hope to see her swimming around tomorrow.
Knowing that they are picky eaters andprimarily eat pods I don't think I would use copper since it kills pods
 
OK last one guys. What's the opinions on a pseudojuloides severnsi? I've read picky eaters that usually die in 2 months, also have seen success stories.
Pseudojuloides are a lot like leopards. They are sensitive to shipping and need to be dewormed. If these are accounted for they can be wuite hardy. Pencil wrasses are very peaceful.
 
Tiny little M. negrosensis.
1xfc7TR.jpg

IDzlScN.jpg
I hope she pulls through! She is adorable!
 
Well the black leopard died over night. I kinda seen in coming but couldn't just give up hope. I really wanted to see her pull through. I think she stayed in the sand the whole time in the holding tank. I went ahead and ordered a yellow banded possum wrasse though. Excited to get it. Should be a large, so I'm guessing 2"? Lol.
 
So have possum wrasses become rare or what? They are very rarely available in my area and the prices have seem to have gone up. Paid $80 for a yellow banded. I remember them being about $40. Was just curious is all.
 
So have possum wrasses become rare or what? They are very rarely available in my area and the prices have seem to have gone up. Paid $80 for a yellow banded. I remember them being about $40. Was just curious is all.
Not to my knowledge, they have been as available as normal. $80 is on the high side, but not out of the realm of what can be asked.
 
Leopard calling it a day... that Cirrhilabrus didn't have a clue what just happened. Lol.
 
Figured I'd might as well snag up the 5,000th post in this thread! It's been an awesome thread!
 
Got a couple decent pics tonight, I hate taking pics of wrasses
Almost decent pic of my Rhomboid

partial group pic

Why can't they be slow like cardinals, only took 1 pic versus the dozens for each wrasse

and finally my flame somewhat decent
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new