Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Breakin Newz, Mar 27, 2013.
Not a pair, but rather a M. geoffroyi (male) alongside a M. meleagris (female).
Sorry, I was trying to use PAIR as in TWO.. Either way they are both in the Labridae family, close enough!
No I went thru 5 between LA and Bluezoo before I got my tiny female, all DOAs, probably my favorite of all the wrasses. I'm having a bad year with fish, my johnsoni showed up DOA a couple weeks ago too.
Yellow tail tamarin
Hawaiian flame trio
Melanaris (camera shy)
Sent from my ball and chain.
40g (down at the moment)
8g nano sexy shrimp tank
wrasses are about the only fish that get me giddy...nice stuff
Solorensis in my 90 gallon mixed reef.
Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
Great thread idea! I've been a fan of wrasses ever since getting in the hobby a few years ago. There are some outstanding specimens here. Again, great thread idea. Keep it going. Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have something to add to it.
Awesome thread! I love wrasses Currently, I have a *few* residing here......
I will try to get some pics tomorrow. Mine don't sit still, and I'm terrible with photographing moving objects, LOL.
This guy has disspeared in my tank so I have to accept that he is gone. However, I do have a pair coming in soon so take his place:
@mnat - some good looking wrasse's you have there man!!
@sherita - i'll be waiting on those picture's!! Lets see them!
@tomterreefic - Good looking wrasse!
@creefer - share your's asap!
Here is my Indo Tusk Wrasse
Wrasse dummy/newbie here. I love the Hawaiian Flame wrasse when it flashes. if not for the flashing capability Id find it boring. A fish with personality are fishes I desire. for example, the Flameback Angel is currently my favorite fish due to great personality/activenesss. So question is:
1. Do ALL wrasse flash?
2. Change color during courtship?
3. What are the main reasons why you love wrasses?
I will try and answer these questions to the best of my knowledge...
1. In my opinion all wrasse's flash, flashing is basically when they protrude there finnage and display themselves to attempt to attract females... Or from what I seen when 2 male wrasse's are showing aggression towards each other..
2. They somewhat change color's during courtship, to me they seem more vibrant and full of color...
3. I personally love wrasse's because they aren't to big, you can house multiple's in the same tank usually, and most of them are relativity easy to care for and pretty disease resistant..
Its a bad picture, I'l get a better one some time, but heres my Yellow Twist Wrasse
As promised, heres a couple old pics.
Nice colletction, Aquaph8. I'm looking forward to getting some in my tank soon.
Now THAT'S a rarity! :xd:
He's a beauty Albert
Separate names with a comma.