IMG_3319.PNG
IMG_3320.PNG

xRob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after the loss of my royal flasher (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/flasher-wrasse-being-bullied-by-tankmates.356039/) I'm thinking about what to replace him with. The plan originally was to have two flashers of separate species if possible. Would this have worked in a 3ft/90cm tank (obviously using a social acclimation box for the second introduction)? If so are there any pairings that should be avoided? If two won't work in my tank I think I'll hold out for another royal, which seem to be quite uncommon here in the UK, as he was a stunning fish.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@eatbreakfast - It might be trivial to you but this is the first time am observing a transition of my Macropharyngodon Bipartitus transition from female to male . Its probably the last 2 days that his face color has completely changed and today his body is getting wayy darker than normal and slowly making transition.
I remember carefully only 2 changes made in the tank in the last 4 weeks :-

1. I used to feed 3 times a day with mysis , LRS and now started feeding 5 times a day including 1 extra meal of only dry TDO pellets .
2. Reduced the temparature of reef from 77.5 to 76 F

Both changes have shown positive results with not only my fishes like anthias and other wrasses but also my acros with increased nutrients in tank.
I wish I could take a pic to show you guys !!! Super excited and want to see how long it takes for the entire transition and will it stop in the middle .

Even my OG Purple monster encrusting didn't give me such amazing pleasure :D

Regards,
Abhishek

Back