The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the chances of keeping a c. lunatus and a c. isosceles together in a 40 gallon if introduced at the same time?
Probably not too good long term. I have sub-adult male c. lunatus, c.isosceles and c. brunneus in a 100g, all were introduced at the same time and all are around the same maturity. They actually hang out together most of the time, but there is some definite bickering between the the lunatus and isosceles that i hope doesnt escalate into a major problem.

Last edited:

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you.
What one would you prefer
I prefer the lunatus. I love the black contrast and suble blueish coloring he has by his throat. His coloration is a bit more intense as well. Isosceles are pretty common now, as you see far more of them being kept lately than the others from the c. lunatus group. Both are awesome wrasse for sure!

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I prefer the lunatus. I love the black contrast and suble blueish coloring he has by his throat. His coloration is a bit more intense as well. Isosceles are pretty common now, as you see far more of them being kept lately than the others from the c. lunatus group. Both are awesome wrasse for sure!

I have had a C. Brunneus for over a year and really cool wrasse but would like to see the reverse contrast if you will with the C. Lunatus. Mine has more red and blue hightlights than black. A C. Lunatus is on my long stocking list for my new tank.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AAEDA61D-BDF5-466B-884F-EC596B5C03DB.png
1B42B4BC-C630-45A4-91D9-2152B8E59AEE.png
E488669D-A8DD-412D-B85E-A0BD98D3619A.png
3610777F-45FE-47D6-BA4D-38F76FFA1CB4.jpeg
4D199BE3-74FD-4FB8-B20A-A4216D6EE4F3.png
Love this thread. Wrasses have been my favorite fish ever since I got into the hobby

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lunatus but I wish I would have picked a brunneus instead. I had a brunneus in qt previously that didn't make it. And I really loved his colors and he also had a great personality, very fun to watch for the short time I had him. My lunatus is nice, too, but he's not quite at that high contrast coloration yet. His fins are pale still usually. He has grown a lot since I got him, though.
I'm thinking of getting a scissortail dartfish because they sort of remind me of a brunneus.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a C. Brunneus for over a year and really cool wrasse but would like to see the reverse contrast if you will with the C. Lunatus. Mine has more red and blue hightlights than black. A C. Lunatus is on my long stocking list for my new tank.
He is nowhere near full coloration yet, but definitly on his way. I dont own a camera so all i have are poor cell shots.

Screenshot_20180212-084032.png

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The C. Lunatus he has is insnaely nice and a steal at $100. Funny how some of his fish are grossly overpriced, while others are well under the market average.

Screenshot_20180213-160731.png

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
NYA has two attenuatus. Got excited for a second until I saw the price.

Someone will pay the NYA price. But crazy compared to DD

He’ll send you a big $$$$ fish in a 1/4 gallon of frigid water, in an oversized box with it rattling around...
Oh, and the sg will be .014!
When it dies, you have no guarantee or assurances, it just dies and you’re out $800...
Which is waaaaaay too much to ever pay for a diamond tail!

Did you see the video of that diamond tail?!
Poor thing is lethargic and huddled in a corner, barely eating and slowly dying...

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’ll send you a big $$$$ fish in a 1/4 gallon of frigid water, in an oversized box with it rattling around...
Oh, and the sg will be .014!
When it dies, you have no guarantee or assurances, it just dies and you’re out $800...
Which is waaaaaay too much to ever pay for a diamond tail!

Did you see the video of that diamond tail?!
Poor thing is lethargic and huddled in a corner, barely eating and slowly dying...
Im holding out hope to get one from DD eventually or locally from Pieces of the Ocean or TSM.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 59 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back