Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_1560.JPG
698b2d0f49816fcb51d84156b6900bab.jpg
Very nice! Thanks for the pics!

I see A few wrasse. Still have the C. Earlei?

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our LFS just brought in a beautiful Yellowtail Tamarin ( Anampses meleagrides ). I was thinking of possibly purchasing this beauty to add to our 125g. When I did a quick search, it was mentioned they are not good with shrimp. We have 2 cleaner shrimp and 2 blood shrimp in our tank. The other wrasses we have are a Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (Labroides dimidiatus), Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura), Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus exquisitus), Ruby Longfin fairy wrasse, (Cirrhilabrus rubeus) and Yellow wrasse (halichoeres chrysus). Does anyone have any experience with having shrimp in the same tank? Does anyone see any issues with the other wrasses in the tank?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our LFS just brought in a beautiful Yellowtail Tamarin ( Anampses meleagrides ). I was thinking of possibly purchasing this beauty to add to our 125g. When I did a quick search, it was mentioned they are not good with shrimp. We have 2 cleaner shrimp and 2 blood shrimp in our tank. The other wrasses we have are a Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (Labroides dimidiatus), Ruby Head Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura), Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus exquisitus), Ruby Longfin fairy wrasse, (Cirrhilabrus rubeus) and Yellow wrasse (halichoeres chrysus). Does anyone have any experience with having shrimp in the same tank? Does anyone see any issues with the other wrasses in the tank?
It will be fine with the wrasses you have. When it matures it may be problematic with shrimp, but that will take awhile.

Jmitch7417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 questions for all you guys that have been dealing with wrasse for awhile. If I add wrasse after a yellow tang will I be ok?

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 questions for all you guys that have been dealing with wrasse for awhile. If I add wrasse after a yellow tang will I be ok?

Yellow Tangs hardly care for wrasses . That said what wrasse are you thinking of ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Jmitch7417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow Tangs hardly care for wrasses . That said what wrasse are you thinking of ?

Regards,
Abhishek
I am thinking two flashers of some sort, and one fairy. I have not fully decided yet. I love the color of them, but I just need to decide how much I want to spend.

With that being said would it be my best bet to do all 3 together? I have read hunters post so I will pick up a box if I end up doing them seperate

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking two flashers of some sort, and one fairy. I have not fully decided yet. I love the color of them, but I just need to decide how much I want to spend.

With that being said would it be my best bet to do all 3 together? I have read hunters post so I will pick up a box if I end up doing them seperate
Adding them simultaneously is best, but having the acclimation box helps immensely when adding seperately.

Jmitch7417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding them simultaneously is best, but having the acclimation box helps immensely when adding seperately.

Eatbreakfast,

That is what I have been reading. So I just need to figure out what I want, and what I want to spend. My LFS had some gorgeous fish the other day, but if I drop 500 on 3 fish my wife may kill me. lol

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eatbreakfast,

That is what I have been reading. So I just need to figure out what I want, and what I want to spend. My LFS had some gorgeous fish the other day, but if I drop 500 on 3 fish my wife may kill me. lol

May I suggest that if possible , please look into qting them before putting directly in tank . You might need the acclimation box for qt too if buying multiple wrasses like fairies or flashers or qt in separate tank .
You might get away with all of them in same tank with following TTM .

Regards,
Abhishek

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completed TTM about 2 weeks ago with 3 flasher wrasse together (P. flavianalis, P. mccoskeri and P. cyaneus) without any problems. All 3 are in a 29 gallon cycled QT tank being treated for internal parasites/flukes and are doing well.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealous, I always wanted wrasse such as McCosker or Carpenters, but my tank has no cover and I have 2 established Yellow Tail damsels that may bully the wrasse. No way to remove them without removing all my Rocks, etc.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So settling aside the pocketbook hit if you had your choice between Pintail or Johnsonni which would it be. Which one has the better temperament?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back