The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My last fish addition (well, until one of the current one kicks the bucket. LOL).

Took two days before came out and about from the cave. He's not shy anymore.

Bye the way, is he considered terminal/supermale?

IMG_3256.jpg
Looks like a burgeoning supermale.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So you mean by the looks of it, it can still revert back to female?
I'll wait for @eatbreakfast to chime in but never heard of a male reverting back. All females will eventually turn male but not reverse. I would go read Hunters article in the thread All About Reef Safe Wrasses. Very informative.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anybody have success with trio of same fairies, ie super male, submale and female? Introduced at same time.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have success with trio of same fairies, ie super male, submale and female? Introduced at same time.
Species matters, but unless the tank is huge it usually doesn't work longterm.

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse wrecker? So, last night feeding time, all is well -- a short 2 hours later, my cleaner shrimp is toast - a scrap heap being consumed by the CuC hermits. They have been housed together happily for months. What are your thoughts? Bad luck or likely aggression? The cleaner shrimp was a family favorite -- and I would like to replace, but not if its likely to be gobbled up. Livestock is 2 o. clowns, the mela wrasse and CuC.

Cleaner shrimp had no notable issues before.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the chances of keeping a c. lunatus and a c. isosceles together in a 40 gallon if introduced at the same time?

I was advised against doing something similar in a 180g. I have a c. cf. lunatus and desperately want another c. brunneus(the one I had a while back didn't survive qt).

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was advised against doing something similar in a 180g. I have a c. cf. lunatus and desperately want another c. brunneus(the one I had a while back didn't survive qt).
Love my C. Brunneus! I have had him for over a year and eats mysis out of my hand. He is getting some tank mates this weekend so wont be a loner for long.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my C. Brunneus! I have had him for over a year and eats mysis out of my hand. He is getting some tank mates this weekend so wont be a loner for long.
Mine was awesome for the 2-3 weeks I had him. I was told he wouldn't mix with a lunate fairy in a 180g so I'll have to wait a while before I try again.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was awesome for the 2-3 weeks I had him. I was told he wouldn't mix with a lunate fairy in a 180g so I'll have to wait a while before I try again.
I'm tempted to try because of the reverse color combo but may be down the line. I have others going in first.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back