The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

jake_francis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Baby McKoskeri all grow-up. He is a little larger than 1.5 inch at this time, 1/2 inch over several months.
McCoskeri2018071002.jpg

Nice fish.

My yellow coris is all grown up also. When I bought him 3-4 months ago it was less than 1/2 inch or about an inch.
e5660b7338938a64fcad2721e82d9ed0.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the fish you are talking about right? It just seem like to nice of a fish to be that cheap. Hahaha

Screenshot_20180709-162906.png
LOL.....yea I thought so too...now keep in mind that was a couple of years ago too.... probably like most things in the hobby the price went up...... beautiful fish though.....I only saw it one time in person.....

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys.....was just curious who all on this forum has a DT with no other species of fish but Wrasses? If do what types? Also what made you have a tank dedicated to Wrasses?

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I will start......I have 9 Wrasses....

Red Coris Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
Moyers Leopard Wrasse
Black Leopard Wrasse
Melegris Leopard Wrasse x 2
Ornate Leopard Wrasse
Potters Leopard Wrasse

I have had angels, tangs, clowns, and Blennies....I had a tank issue a few weeks ago and that claimed my angels and Blenny. The Wrasses never skipped a beat. I decided I am satisfied with my tank, there is no agression, and to be honest I have always had the best luck with Wrasses. Less stress, and worry with my Wrasses.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I lost all my fish at the beginning of March. Lost Whitetail Bristletooth, C. Jordani, C. Exquisitus, C. Rhomboidalis x2, C. Brunneus and a cleaner. Well as of Wed night after battling internal parasite of a couple of newbie wrasses that were in QT for almost 3 mos, I add them to my display after being fallow for over 120 days.

July 12 - first wrasses in 2.jpg

July 12 - first wrasses in.jpg

C. Isosceles and C. Lineatus - both submales.

I also have a few others fairies and flashers in QT now that I plan to add in the coming weeks.

As of right now, I am headed to an all wrasse reef but may change as my daughters want something different in the tank. They think I need something blue

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I lost all my fish at the beginning of March. Lost Whitetail Bristletooth, C. Jordani, C. Exquisitus, C. Rhomboidalis x2, C. Brunneus and a cleaner. Well as of Wed night after battling internal parasite of a couple of newbie wrasses that were in QT for almost 3 mos, I add them to my display after being fallow for over 120 days.

July 12 - first wrasses in 2.jpg

July 12 - first wrasses in.jpg

C. Isosceles and C. Lineatus - both submales.

I also have a few others fairies and flashers in QT now that I plan to add in the coming weeks.

As of right now, I am headed to an all wrasse reef but may change as my daughters want something different in the tank. They think I need something blue
Looks great so far......you know there are some blueish Wrasses.....blue sided fairy for one LOL......[emoji16]

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great so far......you know there are some blueish Wrasses.....blue sided fairy for one LOL......[emoji16]
LOL - Yep I am aware but dont plan to add that one. I have a lot of orange and red coming in. I'll probably have to dip into the non-wrasse for blue.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL - Yep I am aware but dont plan to add that one. I have a lot of orange and red coming in. I'll probably have to dip into the non-wrasse for blue.
LOL! You might be right there! Nice Wrasse pics though! I bet you are glad to have your tank going in the right direction! I know how frustrating that is for sure!!!

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! You might be right there! Nice Wrasse pics though! I bet you are glad to have your tank going in the right direction! I know how frustrating that is for sure!!!
No doubt. Just need to get the parameters dialed to where they were and figure out if I coral QT for ich and velvet before adding to DT.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heys guys.....was just curious who all on this forum has a DT with no other species of fish but Wrasses? If do what types? Also what made you have a tank dedicated to Wrasses?

I did have a all wrasse tank with only fairy’s and flashers but the tank leaked I lost a few also gave away a few.
Here’s a few old pics of it.

198afe91ac5a601e7148346a92e2f087.jpg

b428a202702307409f8cb1b79a28ecf2.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt. Just need to get the parameters dialed to where they were and figure out if I coral QT for ich and velvet before adding to DT.
You know I have heard that coral and even live rock can carry that..... scary because I never thought to QT coral....is that what happened to your tank? Do you think it came in on a piece of Coral?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought of doing another one? I love all Wrasses....the are so colorful and active!

Well right now with my current restart of the display it will be mostly wrasses with a few tangs and angels. Current wrasses are

Katherine’s
Roseband
Diamond tail
Eightline flasher
Bluestar
Ornate
Red velvet
Brunneus
Lubbock
I may be forgetting someone I think [emoji848] but I will be adding more soon just waiting to cycle the main qt.

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't quite have an all wrasse tank but in the last few months I've been moving towards predominantly fairy wrasses, as many other "reef safe" fish tend to pick at corals. Here's a pink margin and what I believe is a transitional/early male pintail.
20180714_003942.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 66 46.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back