The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been wanting to get a pink margin for a while. Was on the fence as it would exclude a lineatus, but ultimately this was more easily available.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been wanting to get a pink margin for a while. Was on the fence as it would exclude a lineatus, but ultimately this was more easily available.

Why would it they said the same about him and my velvet and all was good with them.

In my wrasse tank I had a red margin in the with a lineatus and a lineatus is on my list the only wrasse I want that I will not get is a Scott’s added one to the wrasse tank and he was a big time bully will not do it again [emoji33][emoji23]

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear that. Definitely getting the wrasse bug now. Love the motion and colors they provide to a coral heavy tank without any issues with picking or eating corals that I've had with other "reef-safe" fish (like angels and even tangs).

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I did a video of my tank since it is Wrasse only now.....I wasn't sure how to post a video....so here is the link...I hope I do don't get in trouble for posting a link.
I am hoping you all can tell me your thoughts and opinions....!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEaCR-CrH4TFTU3PcoSGR6g

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear that. Definitely getting the wrasse bug now. Love the motion and colors they provide to a coral heavy tank without any issues with picking or eating corals that I've had with other "reef-safe" fish (like angels and even tangs).
Absolutely! I thought about replacing the angels and Blenny I lost, but decided to keep it Wrasse only.....

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mixed fish reef...Angels, tang,Anthias, yellow assessor, damsels, clowns blennis, chromes, but as far as wrasses currently I have a few....
Greyhead
Pink margin
Yellowflanked
Black Leopard
Ornate leopard
Blue star leopard
Male/ female Meleagris leopards
Katherine’s
Brunneus
Crescent tail
Pintail
Eightline flasher
Lineatus
Yea, I know I have way too many fish, and feed heavy to keep aggression to a minimum....so to keep the SPS happy I have a large fuge and skimmer, do water changes and carbon dose ....

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a mixed fish reef...Angels, tang,Anthias, yellow assessor, damsels, clowns blennis, chromes, but as far as wrasses currently I have a few....
Greyhead
Pink margin
Yellowflanked
Black Leopard
Ornate leopard
Blue star leopard
Male/ female Meleagris leopards
Katherine’s
Brunneus
Crescent tail
Pintail
Eightline flasher
Lineatus
Yea, I know I have way too many fish, and feed heavy to keep aggression to a minimum....so to keep the SPS happy I have a large fuge and skimmer, do water changes and carbon dose ....

Nice. How to the Brunneus, Lunatus and Isosceles get along? How big a tank?

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re in a 170 and are fine after time in an acclimation box. The problem was with the Brunneus and the Katherine’s. I had the Brunneus in the box for almost a week till the Katherine’s settled down. Now just a little bickering, but no damage.

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID this flasher? LFS has it listed as a red & blue flasher wrasse but I can’t find any info on that.
31c213a4ce1b3a87ec1573b19b00205d.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A8D9EF8E-BCF0-4280-B0DF-8474A11BF874.jpeg
That is a Yellowfin Flasher. Above is mine.
Can anyone ID this flasher? LFS has it listed as a red & blue flasher wrasse but I can’t find any info on that.
31c213a4ce1b3a87ec1573b19b00205d.jpg

Last edited:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone in the Los Angeles area is interested in a VERY nice 6-7” male Lineatus wrasse for $150, Age of Aquariums in Long Beach has one. Just bought a female for $100

They are my go to LFS and have dedicated quarantine tanks for both incoming fish and corals. Their quarantine tanks vastly out number their display tanks with livestock and they treat their fish with therapeutic levels of chelated copper and prazi. They might allow you to view their quarantine tanks depending on if you’re a regular. Never hurts to ask though.

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back