The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling all "Wrasse Master". This is my 3rd try at a Lineatus Wrasse in QT. The first 2 didn't make it. Both seems healthy and eating before prophylactic treatment. One died a few days after treating with copper power (CU level @ 1.00 ppm. I was careful to raise CU level slowly). The other died after a couple of days of treatment with General Cure. If anyone that has successfully QT and treated lineatus wrasse can you please share your protocol. Right now I am hesitant to treat them at all and just to observe for a couple of months while in QT. Thanks.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Calling all "Wrasse Master". This is my 3rd try at a Lineatus Wrasse in QT. The first 2 didn't make it. Both seems healthy and eating before prophylactic treatment. One died a few days after treating with copper power (CU level @ 1.00 ppm. I was careful to raise CU level slowly). The other died after a couple of days of treatment with General Cure. If anyone that has successfully QT and treated lineatus wrasse can you please share your protocol. Right now I am hesitant to treat them at all and just to observe for a couple of months while in QT. Thanks.

I just put a young submale into my DT after 3 mos in QT. His QT mate had intestinal issue that took some time. I do Tank transfer method on all my fish and do not use copper. During TTM I treat with prazi. I then observe for a couple of weeks and do prazi again if necessary. This one went through prazi twice.

Were they thin at all? Matching salinity when acclimating? Ammonia?

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both lineatus came from DD. They were eating mysis and reef frenzy. I matched salinity when acclimating. Seachem ammonia badge was fine... I didn't treat them until 2 wks after I got them. It's strange how they succumb upon being medicated though. From reading other posts I thought GC was more forgiving than prazipro. I'll read up more and TTM. Thanks for you're input.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both lineatus came from DD. They were eating mysis and reef frenzy. I matched salinity when acclimating. Seachem ammonia badge was fine... I didn't treat them until 2 wks after I got them. It's strange how they succumb upon being medicated though. From reading other posts I thought GC was more forgiving than prazipro. I'll read up more and TTM. Thanks for you're input.
Good luck

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind is on 4picture? awesome collection! jealous!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Labouti today. Caught him in a neat pose

Labouti2018071901.jpg

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you match salinity?

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my QT at 1.024. I temp acclimate the fish bag for about 30 minutes. DD salinity was 1.022 (verified with digital and hand held refractors). Added RODI until it went down to 1.022. Add fish to QT. I do not drip acclimate.
Do you think it was the copper....I know some Wrasses can be more sensitive to copper? Good luck with your new one? Have you decided how you are going to QT this one? When does he arrive? Also isn't 1.022 a little low for DD? I have never ordered online, but I always read on here that they usually ship at 1.025 or so.

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it was the copper....I know some Wrasses can be more sensitive to copper? Good luck with your new one? Have you decided how you are going to QT this one? When does he arrive? Also isn't 1.022 a little low for DD? I have never ordered online, but I always read on here that they usually ship at 1.025 or so.

I’ve only ordered probably 7-8 fish from liveaquaria all the ones I’ve received came on 1.020-1.022.. now their corals and inverts all came in at 1.025-1.026

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the new Lineatus from a LFS yesterday. He's eating Mysis last night. Doing pretty well so far. He's in there with small 3 potter wrasses. I am still figuring out how to proceed. I am hesitant to medicate them since both previous lineatus died after after medicating them. The DD's salinity was 1.022. I thought it was low also. I verified it using both my hand held refractor and my milwaukee digital refractor. Both of them stated 1.022.

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also QTing a female lineatus, 2 female potters and a twin spot goby. Building a new 200g tank.

I got mine locally and are adjusting well to copper so far. I’m dosing coppersafe for 5 consecutive days until it reaches therapeutic levels. I split the daily dose up in two. To ease the leopards into it since they are delicate and only 1.5”.

None are showing any signs of ick,velvet, or more importantly flukes and intestinal parasites (poop is brown). However, I’m still running them through 14 days of copper and two rounds of general cure with metro and focus in their meals.

305c243a0387266b4bd75cdaccd362a7.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the new Lineatus from a LFS yesterday. He's eating Mysis last night. Doing pretty well so far. He's in there with small 3 potter wrasses. I am still figuring out how to proceed. I am hesitant to medicate them since both previous lineatus died after after medicating them. The DD's salinity was 1.022. I thought it was low also. I verified it using both my hand held refractor and my milwaukee digital refractor. Both of them stated 1.022.
Yea I am sure the salinity you tested was right....I don't blame you, I probably would not do copper, like remove the common denominator in the equation.....keep us posted on the new Wrasse as well as the potters....mine is one of my favorite Wrasses. He just started eating Mysis out of hand! I was shocked! LOL! Here is a picture of mine.....
bc8a6f0128cff6a962cb0ff09e2dafb2.jpg
bc67737e74088e9a4cc001145b3648d5.jpg
831bc7a3374c5d77ef207d5ac24e61c4.jpg

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also QTing a female lineatus, 2 female potters and a twin spot goby. Building a new 200g tank.

I got mine locally and are adjusting well to copper so far. I’m dosing coppersafe for 5 consecutive days until it reaches therapeutic levels. I split the daily dose up in two. To ease the leopards into it since they are delicate and only 1.5”.

None are showing any signs of ick,velvet, or more importantly flukes and intestinal parasites (poop is brown). However, I’m still running them through 14 days of copper and two rounds of general cure with metro and focus in their meals.

305c243a0387266b4bd75cdaccd362a7.jpg
Nice! Now that is a CLEAN QT tank! [emoji6]

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.3%
Back