YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg
YellowfinFlasher2018071601.jpg

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plans partially changed...Now getting Mccoskeri Flasher Wrasse and Rosy Scale Wrasse first. Any issues if i want to add something like Jordani.Radiant later? Asking because saw some thread were someone said Rosy Scale often doesn’t like Jordani... What other wrasses i could add later? Thank you

Last edited:

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plans partially changed...Now getting Mccoskeri Flasher Wrasse and Rosy Scale Wrasse first. Any issues if i want to add something like Jordani.Radiant later? Asking because saw some thread were someone said Rosy Scale often doesn’t like Jordani... What other wrasses i could add later? Thank you

Based on Evolves wrasse complex the Rosy Scale is higher on the aggression scale and should be one of that last added to your tank. The issue you are going to run into is with the Rosy being more aggressive. If and when they find their territory, you may have a harder time introducing the Jordani at a later date.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on Evolves wrasse complex the Rosy Scale is higher on the aggression scale and should be one of that last added to your tank. The issue you are going to run into is with the Rosy being more aggressive. If and when they find their territory, you may have a harder time introducing the Jordani at a later date.
This.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got a rosy scales (and a blue throat at the same time) and added him after my orange back per the suggestion of Evolved. After a week in the acclimation box, the rosy scales and blue throat were let out. My orange back and rosy scales went at it to the point the rosy scales was put back in the acclimation box for another 10 days. He escaped one day and the feud continued until I caught the rosy scales and moved him to another tank. They would fight for hours non stop and it was out of control. They were causing a decent amount of damage to each other and I had no choice but to separate them. No other wrasses in the tank with the rosy scales currently, not sure if I am going to try again later. Clearly he does not like other wrasses. Beautiful fish, I definitely got one on the very aggressive side. Yet my blue throat which is in the red on Evolved's chart is pretty chill for the 6 weeks he has been in the tank.

I just released the tricolor yesterday and the orange back and blue throat were protective of it. Released my pintail today he is front and center already. Will see when the main lights come on, right now only the LED strip is on and my blue throat flashed at him a few times and that is it.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess i will have many questions here... Thx guys!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rosy is not to aggressive but he makes all the big guys know he don’t play around and checks all the new comers.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pintail is doing great since releasing it this morning a little before lights came on. Out and about up front of the tank since the moment the LED strip came on. When the T5's kicked on and I did the afternoon feeding it was eating with every other fish. I really think what Humblefish is doing with his new business is great. Not only the quarantine which is awesome, but the conditioning of the fish and getting them to eat. All 5 fish I got from him have been out and swimming the day I received them. A few were placed in acclimation boxes, even those were extremely active in there and eating with the first feeding a few hours after they were unboxed. None of the usual hiding and taking time to eat and come out. Once he opens things officially, I think people should be very happy with fish they get from him.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Danny_M5
First off great collection
How is the bluethroat with everyone else ?
How many lineatus you have in there think I see two ?
Love that red headed you have there been on my list for years.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone in the Los Angeles area is interested in a VERY nice 6-7” male Lineatus wrasse for $150, Age of Aquariums in Long Beach has one. Just bought a female for $100

They are my go to LFS and have dedicated quarantine tanks for both incoming fish and corals. Their quarantine tanks vastly out number their display tanks with livestock and they treat their fish with therapeutic levels of chelated copper and prazi. They might allow you to view their quarantine tanks depending on if you’re a regular. Never hurts to ask though.
Thanks for the heads up. I went by Age of Aquarium and picked him up. The female you have on hold is awesome...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back