9a949b5a6464d40124b49af3ec5efc07.jpg

36b9e91bcd0d8868786f79cb905527e3.jpg

41ea8bc04136fab68096344bbe221e0d.jpg

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an opportunity to restock my 58 gallon tank. Only fish that is in it now is a Citron Goby.

In the past I have attempted to keep wrasses but as we all know they are jumpers.

I'm thinking/hoping since I restock the tank starting with wrasse, maybe they won't be as prone to jumping?

What do you think?

Right there with everyone else don’t waste your money on wrasses if you don’t want to invest in a lid.. I mean heck I had my favorite wrasse jump out of the tank and die and I had the lid off for like 15 min recently.. it’s not worth it if you don’t plan on getting a lid

UABsleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s still female right?

Well I bought it as a medium female but came in pretty large and with stunning colors I’m leaning more towards initial terminal phase male but I am not really sure what the differentiators when it relates to flame fairy wrasse

truetricia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So question for everyone... I'm setting up a 120g tank here in the next couple of months. I'm currently deployed and am using this time to plan.

I want wrasses, some clowns, and anthias in my tank. Nothing super fancy or expensive, just pretty and good movement in the tank.

What compatible wrasses should be on my list?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s still female right?

Well I bought it as a medium female but came in pretty large and with stunning colors I’m leaning more towards initial terminal phase male but I am not really sure what the differentiators when it relates to flame fairy wrasse
Once their caudal fin begins getting color rather than being translucent they are begining to be an initial phase male.
So question for everyone... I'm setting up a 120g tank here in the next couple of months. I'm currently deployed and am using this time to plan.

I want wrasses, some clowns, and anthias in my tank. Nothing super fancy or expensive, just pretty and good movement in the tank.

Lubbocks, solorensis, pink margin, pintail, rubyhead, cyanopleura, melanurus, yellow coris, red lined....

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What @eatbreakfast said but also any of the flashers - Blue, Linespot, McCoskers, Yellowfin, Carpenters etc. I would stay away from the Pseudocheilinus family though. They don't play nice. Good luck and thanks for your service!

Toofattofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the advice I got here and put rubeus in acclimation box while I put other Katherine's, pink margin, pintail in. The first day they all went to check out the rubeus and there was a lot of flashing. Today it significantly subsided and I released the rubeus since it looked like it was going to injure itself in the box. The katherine's and rubeus started flashing and fighting but luckily it stopped 2 minutes later and everyone is getting along (for now at least)
20180807_180158.jpg
20180807_174230.jpg

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just received one! female,acclimating right now...post a picture later.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back