The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any experience with a Radiant Wrasse?

Had one before very nice but they don’t play around. I would say if you are thinking about adding one make him or her the last wrasse added to the tank. I may add one as my last wrasse in this wrasse tank.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one before very nice but they don’t play around. I would say if you are thinking about adding one make him or her the last wrasse added to the tank. I may add one as my last wrasse in this wrasse tank.
Yea that is what I was thinking. He would be my last Wrasse.....now if only I can find one at one of my LFS.....lol...I haven't seen them locally in a while. Are the harder to keep?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's interesting. I don't know why but I've always thought of them as being on the more demure end of the range of Halichoeres behavior? They only get to about 4.5" don't they?

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that is what I was thinking. He would be my last Wrasse.....now if only I can find one at one of my LFS.....lol...I haven't seen them locally in a while. Are the harder to keep?

No I can’t see anything that would make them harder to keep.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's interesting. I don't know why but I've always thought of them as being on the more demure end of the range of Halichoeres behavior? They only get to about 4.5" don't they?

I think it’s the pretty colors. Yes they say only 4.5

Last edited:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do they say the leopard wrasse is expert only? They are absolutely stunning!
They don't handle shipping well and can be delicate the first couple of weeks. If you get past that they become pretty hardy.
Anyone have any experience with a Radiant Wrasse?
One of my favorites. Like leopards they don't handle shipping well and can be delicate the first couppe of weeks.
I have found them to be one of the most peaceful Halichoeres wrasses.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you keep a Scott's Fairy Wrasse in a 250 gallon with an Orange-back Fairy Wrasse/Flame Fairy Wrasse?

Last edited:

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you keep a Scott's Fairy Wrasse in a 250 gallon with an Orange-back Fairy Wrasse/Flame Fairy Wrasse?
Best case scenariohe orangeback will lose it's color. Worst case it or the flame will not be tolerated by the scott's.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to wrasses, looking into getting a yellow coris, a radiant and a red lined (or christmas wrasse) for my new build. Will this work out? I think they should get along fine together in most instances but Wanted to check with the experts

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to wrasses, looking into getting a yellow coris, a radiant and a red lined (or christmas wrasse) for my new build. Will this work out? I think they should get along fine together in most instances but Wanted to check with the experts
What size tank? In most cases they should be fine, but if you can't add them all simultaneously be sure to use a social acclimation box to introduce new wrasses to existing ones.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank? In most cases they should be fine, but if you can't add them all simultaneously be sure to use a social acclimation box to introduce new wrasses to existing ones.
The innovative marine SR-80. 4 foot long shallow tank. I believe the display volume is something around 65 gallons or so but I could be wrong.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a smaller 2 inch to my DT after a 30 days in QT. My only other wrasses are a female Bipartitus and male Potters.

It has been buried for the past 48 hrs. I was able to get it pretty fat in QT in anticipation of this acclimation period, but so far it has been the biggest scaredy cat of my 15 fish.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My McCoskeri today
McCoskeri2018081404.jpg

McCoskeri2018081401.jpg

McCoskeri2018081403.jpg

McCoskeri2018081402.jpg

Last edited:

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Blue Star Leopard and the other fish. My Melanurus isn't too keen on the Leopard, but they are slowly settling in:

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I put together a final list of wrasses in my 210g display. I've looked through the Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus) Compatibility Chart and I believe all are not within the same groups (or considered highly aggressive).
  • Flame
  • Orange-Back
  • Radiant
  • Yellow (Canary)
Thoughts? I don't keep feather dusters nor care if the Radiant picks at them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back