0   0   0
C5CD9B87-B096-48AA-B113-EA4588AA908C.png

Congrats bro that flame is fire [emoji1531]

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sigh, well isn't that a kick in the mouth?

LA just informed me that i am no longer able to order from them, given the high mortality rate. Not fun to be accused of killing the fish, when i tried to do everything i could to keep them alive. This is depressing to me.

L

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LA just informed me that i am no longer able to order from them, given the high mortality rate. Not fun to be accused of killing the fish, when i tried to do everything i could to keep them alive. This is depressing to me.

L

Wow, wasnt aware that they did that. Sorry to hear that.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

L
That sucks and never heard of such a thing!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

L
Had no idea they did that.

I have made claims years ago on damsels (it's a damsel! It should have been a survivor. )

But I didn't claim a couple of borderline potential problem fish that died 3 days after arrival.
Ordering certain fish online can be just as frustrating as keeping SPS happy longterm.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that people keep multiple leopard wrasse in the same tank.

Can I keep multiple yellow 'coris' wrasse in the same tank?
Especially if they are all under 2" currently?

One would be about 1 3/4" and the other two would be around 1".

Thanks!

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that people keep multiple leopard wrasse in the same tank.

Can I keep multiple yellow 'coris' wrasse in the same tank?
Especially if they are all under 2" currently?

One would be about 1 3/4" and the other two would be around 1".

Thanks!

I've seen a tank with like 10 yellows and they seem ok.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

L
Wow that is terrible! I am actually shocked that a place that promotes excellent customer service etc would act like that. Especially if a person did everything they could. I bet you would never hear of a LFS banning a customer because they keep coming back due to high fish mortalities!

Out of curiosity did you speak to a manager?

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always liked them.
LOL! I had a Checkerboard Wrasse, he turned into a total bully. I bought my Moyers Wrasse....he kept him hiding in the sand for 3 weeks, before I figured out what was going on. I removed the checkerboard and traded him in to my LFS....it's funny though... because in researching that fish I never read anything about them being so aggressive.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my hands on the Earmuffs. Male has been doing great and eating like a champ. Female not so well
7BF73D23-C456-4C63-A553-8FD24B3A58AB.jpeg
Way cool! I see they are in a QT....! I am curious how these do for you. Keep us posted! I have had mine for a month now....no QT right to display. He comes out if the sand every morning....I dump Mysis in, he eats, swims a bit and hits the sand. No agression from any of my fish. I can't wait until he is out all day. Although I am thankful he is eating, and looks good.

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that is terrible! I am actually shocked that a place that promotes excellent customer service etc would act like that. Especially if a person did everything they could. I bet you would never hear of a LFS banning a customer because they keep coming back due to high fish mortalities!

Out of curiosity did you speak to a manager?

There is a difference when lfs don't replace DOA. They won't ban you cause you are coming back giving them money. LA probably feel they lost too much and cutting their loses.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a difference when lfs don't replace DOA. They won't ban you cause you are coming back giving them money. LA probably feel they lost too much and cutting their loses.
Yea that makes sense......yea LFS probably love when people keep coming back in to replace fish. Luckily I am not one of them! LOL! I am curious though how many LA fish that the OP lost? I can get the OP being bummed though.... especially if you had received sub par specimens that probably didn't have a chance from the start. As we all know many Wrasses are so tough to get them past the trauma of collection and shipping.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i get it. But i don't like how they just outright blame me for the losses, even though in my opinion the fish were not healthy to begin with. I have tried to collect information of successful LA acquistions of certain wrasses (rhomboid and lineatus) And not DD, and i haven't heard of much recent success, and instead has heard lots of people who had similar difficulty as me.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! I had a Checkerboard Wrasse, he turned into a total bully. I bought my Moyers Wrasse....he kept him hiding in the sand for 3 weeks, before I figured out what was going on. I removed the checkerboard and traded him in to my LFS....it's funny though... because in researching that fish I never read anything about them being so aggressive.
I have mine in with a Banana , Dragon , Melanrus, Timor , Formosa. Does very well with them

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i get it. But i don't like how they just outright blame me for the losses, even though in my opinion the fish were not healthy to begin with. I have tried to collect information of successful LA acquistions of certain wrasses (rhomboid and lineatus) And not DD, and i haven't heard of much recent success, and instead has heard lots of people who had similar difficulty as me.
I haven't bought online in several years, I only bought from LA years ago and had bad luck with their fish. So I only buy from my two favorite LFS. Also I only like to buy Wrasses that I can see, and see them eatting also. I have seen similar issues with LA leopards on the leopard Wrasse forum also.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine in with a Banana , Dragon , Melanrus, Timor , Formosa. Does very well with them
Sounds like the checkerboard is kept in check with that group. Especially with the Banana and Formosa.....mine never bothered my Red Coris....but hated my Moyers....he was added after my other 5 leopards so he didn't bother them. It wasn't just the quick chase here and there no biggie....it was a relentless all out attack. If I didn't intervene my poor Moyers wouldn't have made it. After I removed the checkerboard my Moyers thrived. It has been a year and my Moyers is looking more like a Kuiters Wrasse every day (they are related).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back