The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What foods are they eating so far? Anything that could be put into an auto feeder?

Maybe put an algae clip in for them to graze during the day? All of my leopards eat from the clip.

Also have you tried masstick ? All my wrasses , butterfly everyone loves it .

Stick to the glass and takes them a few hours to finish

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What foods are they eating so far? Anything that could be put into an auto feeder?

Maybe put an algae clip in for them to graze during the day? All of my leopards eat from the clip.
So far I've only fed them frozen, but previous owner said they ate pellets for them. I just haven't had a chance to try them yet. I might need to get some smaller ones, the one for sure is pretty small yet, I don't know that my pellets are small enough for her.

Good thought; didn't occur to me. :)
I will see if I can dig up a working autofeeder and try a few pellets during the day if I can verify they actually eat them.

Also have you tried masstick ? All my wrasses , butterfly everyone loves it .

Stick to the glass and takes them a few hours to finish
I haven't tried masstick with these, but I have some made up. I had thought of that as well, but hadn't tried it yet. I will put a bit in there and see what happens. I wish I could tell for sure what they ate so I knew these options would work. Though, from what I've seen and was told they seem to take to most things pretty readily.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll get a tank dedicated light up on the tank and work on some sustainable foods options I can offer while I'm away and hopefully they'll start spending more time out swimming soon!

Seanislav

Rectangular Money Pit Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No picture?
Here he is this afternoon. The body swelling in the region of the affected fin is new. My uneducated prognosis really isn't looking good.
da5cbbd31a18f7d568a6a48e8ad937aa.jpg
0b20850c5dfdde72dbda9a214e675ef1.jpg

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is this afternoon. The body swelling in the region of the affected fin is new. My uneducated prognosis really isn't looking good.
da5cbbd31a18f7d568a6a48e8ad937aa.jpg
0b20850c5dfdde72dbda9a214e675ef1.jpg
I am not the disease expert around here, but a thread in the fish disease forum is certainly warranted for that one.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not the disease expert around here, but a thread in the fish disease forum is certainly warranted for that one.
I agree for sure.....is he eatting still? Injuries can sometimes heal on their own, but a antibiotic might be warranted. You want to watch for a bacterial infection. Post in the disease forum for sure. Beautiful specimen though! I hope he pulls through for you!

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my lineatus has been hiding for two days, he is fine but spooked. I wonder if my black leopard and him are being harassed by my purple tang, i really wanted to keep a tang but they are such scumbags to my wrasse.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my lineatus has been hiding for two days, he is fine but spooked. I wonder if my black leopard and him are being harassed by my purple tang, i really wanted to keep a tang but they are such scumbags to my wrasse.
Yeah. I bet its the Purple. I had a White Tail last year and he randomly chased my wrasses so no more tangs for me. My Lineatus is now king but I think my little female Bathyphilus is getting a little pushy too.

I'd try to catch him and put him in acclimation box and see what happens.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree maybe catch the tang and see, or just sell her and gain two wrasses in terms of bioload, I hope this is the solution to getting my black leopard out of hiding.

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree maybe catch the tang and see, or just sell her and gain two wrasses in terms of bioload, I hope this is the solution to getting my black leopard out of hiding.
I vote that latter but that’s just me.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is, I don’t see the tang bothering him, he gets up to eat and isn’t breathing heavy. My tang must be a terror when I’m
Not around. (The white spots are sand not ich)

180B8FB6-8ECB-4525-B50F-707A6CA0299D.jpeg

HairyGary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here he is, I don’t see the tang bothering him, he gets up to eat and isn’t breathing heavy. My tang must be a terror when I’m
Not around. (The white spots are sand not ich)

180B8FB6-8ECB-4525-B50F-707A6CA0299D.jpeg
He looks a little bloated?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back