C1333517-DF01-4CA5-8E94-9C930406EA62.jpeg
Love that Radiant and the Black Leopard

dankaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC170041.jpg

Sorry to jump in, but can anybody ID this wrasse?

It's was acting like a cleaner wrasse... I didn't actually see it "clean" the fish it was with (looked like a goat fish of some type, a rather large one).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC170041.jpg

Sorry to jump in, but can anybody ID this wrasse?

It's was acting like a cleaner wrasse... I didn't actually see it "clean" the fish it was with (looked like a goat fish of some type, a rather large one).

Labroides Bicolor

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this pair of Meleagris Leopard wrasse yesterday in Houston at @galactic_coral. They are very small. The smaller on is only just larger than 1 inch, maybe 1.25 inch. They are too small for me to have much margin of error in my DT, so I put them in my QT system and try to get them fatten up. Once they are fat, they will be my 3rd and 4th Meleagris Leopard in my DT.
MeleagrisLeopard2020122101Babies.jpg
MeleagrisLeopard2020122102Babies.jpg

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, got a quick question. I love yellow flasher wrasses and noticed a nearby store has females in stock. I know female wrasses usually transition to male and that's why it got my attention. A male yellow flasher is about $110, while females are only $48, quite a difference.

Is it guaranteed that if I were to buy a female, that it'll transition to male? Is it a rather quick process (weeks) or will it take several months or more? I currently have a blue flasher and mccoskeri, could they have any effect on the transition?

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, got a quick question. I love yellow flasher wrasses and noticed a nearby store has females in stock. I know female wrasses usually transition to male and that's why it got my attention. A male yellow flasher is about $110, while females are only $48, quite a difference.

Is it guaranteed that if I were to buy a female, that it'll transition to male? Is it a rather quick process (weeks) or will it take several months or more? I currently have a blue flasher and mccoskeri, could they have any effect on the transition?

Definitely will turn male, probably already is and what they are calling female is actually just juvenile.

As for how fast and far into the transition it goes I can only speak anecdotally:

My linespot started developing immediately, had male markings within a month. Took more like 6-8mo to go terminal with full color and dorsal streamers. He flashes regularly and was the first wrasse in the tank.

I have a carpenter that while obviously male, it still hasn’t become as impressive after 8mo. Not sure why, but he’s smaller and just hasn’t developed all the colors.

Two fairy’s and a smattering of other fish in the tank. The newest fairy is transitioning quickly, inside a month.

cimulation

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an exquisite wrasse. When I first got him a couple of weeks ago, he was eating pellets. Now he stopped eating pellets and will only eat mysis. I tried flakes too, but he won't eat that either. Is there a trick I should try?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back