The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 you need to post your Melanurus here.
Here it is
FB_IMG_1616697287241.jpg

ethan1222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I don’t know if this is allowed. I’m in The market for a male broomtail wrasse. feel free to text me @ 631-487-1618. looking for a while. I’m in The united states. Thank you everyone!

missourimud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning! Here is my female rhomboid. My lfs ordered me a bonded pair he ran them through a quarantine and the male did not make it, developed white "blisters". Super bummed but happy she is doing great, still bashful but eats like a pig. She is the only wrasse in a 75 system so I would like to add another so they color up and flash. Any recommendations?
Stock list-
pair of occelaris,
1 firefish and 1 cardinal+ mixed reef coral
I would love her to turn male terminal
5AD87069-9CE6-43B6-8A56-A576B5569AEF.jpeg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning! Here is my female rhomboid. My lfs ordered me a bonded pair he ran them through a quarantine and the male did not make it, developed white "blisters". Super bummed but happy she is doing great, still bashful but eats like a pig. She is the only wrasse in a 75 system so I would like to add another so they color up and flash. Any recommendations?
Stock list-
pair of occelaris,
1 firefish and 1 cardinal+ mixed reef coral
I would love her to turn male terminal
Sweet! Very nice addition! If you're looking for additional fairy wrasse recommendations check out C. lunatus (crescent tail), C. isosceles (pintail), C. exquisitus (exquisite) and C. bathyphilus (hooded). Any one of those will get along with your rhomboid.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a Rhomboid Wrasse and a Pintail Wrasse be compatible in a 180 fowlr tank with the
Green Corris Wrasse I already have?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will a Rhomboid Wrasse and a Pintail Wrasse be compatible in a 180 fowlr tank with the
Green Corris Wrasse I already have?
No, rhomboids and pintails are not compatible with your green coris wrasse.

mredwin25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is this wrasse?

Attachments

• C5EAF6B5-B57D-4762-829A-C8B7D6AFD148.jpeg
    C5EAF6B5-B57D-4762-829A-C8B7D6AFD148.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 59

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I got rid of the green coris wrasse would the rhomboids and pintail be compatible?
Yes, the rhomboid and pintail are compatible. Rehoming the green coris is a good idea if you're considering fairy wrasses.

AJ192

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a quick question about leopard wrasse care. My tank is only 3 months old using 20lbs of live rock for biodiversity and only 4 fish are in. (200 gallon system)

I’m still a fairly new reef keeper and I have the possibilitie to buy 3 leopard wrasse which are eating from my lfs. I’ve always wanted them and I know they are fairly peaceful so i want to add the near the beginning but I wanna make sure I’m ready. Everything I find says the main reason they are tricky is cause they do not ship well and are finicky eaters which buying from my store will hopefully avoid those issues. Are their any other reasons which make them challenging or other care aspect I have to worry about.

I will qt them using 2 rounds of prazi and I will add a molly to make sure they are not carrying ick.

My tank is fairly stable and I have never rly gone through an ugly phase, In the dt.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking to get naoko wrasse that alread been through quarantined. I have a lid on my tank, and it’s a 75 gallon. Currently has yellow tang, tomini and a pair of oscelaris clownfish.
how durable is this species?
thanks for your feedback

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a quick question about leopard wrasse care. My tank is only 3 months old using 20lbs of live rock for biodiversity and only 4 fish are in. (200 gallon system)

I’m still a fairly new reef keeper and I have the possibilitie to buy 3 leopard wrasse which are eating from my lfs. I’ve always wanted them and I know they are fairly peaceful so i want to add the near the beginning but I wanna make sure I’m ready. Everything I find says the main reason they are tricky is cause they do not ship well and are finicky eaters which buying from my store will hopefully avoid those issues. Are their any other reasons which make them challenging or other care aspect I have to worry about.

I will qt them using 2 rounds of prazi and I will add a molly to make sure they are not carrying ick.

My tank is fairly stable and I have never rly gone through an ugly phase, In the dt.

I'd add to what you've said that there should only be one male leopard wrasse of any species in one tank. You can have multiple females of multiple leopard wrasse species together.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd add to what you've said that there should only be one male leopard wrasse of any species in one tank. You can have multiple females of multiple leopard wrasse species together.
They do need a sand bed.
I don't prophylactic treated my Leopard wrasses. I think this likely decrease their survival significantly due to QT and treatment tank for several weeks. If they eating well in QT and treatment tank then this may not be a problem. They are delicate so not eating well for several weeks and be a huge problem for them.
Regarding two male Leopard share a territory, I always though that we should not put two males, regardless of species together in a tank. My recent experiences show that this is not true.
I don't buy male leopard wrasses. All my leopard wrasses in my tnak I had for a long while and all started out as small juveniles. At this time, I have two male Leopards in my tank. A Black Leopard (M. negrosensis) changed to male several years ago, about 18 months ago my Meleagris Leopard (M. meleagris) also change sex. Now I have these two males in my tank without problem. I do have a large tank 320 gal DT. These two males do not interact much with each other.
BlackLeopardWrasse2020041101Male.jpg
BlackLeopardWrasse2020051601.jpg
MeleagrisLeopard2020090508MaleNuptial.jpg
MeleagrisLeopard2020101801Male.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back