The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here have a Lennardi wrasse? I’ve just come across these online and think I need one :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Generally these guys are rather close in care to Anampses femininus with some minor differences in my experience. This is talking about experience from an LFS though so in an established reef they tend to be slightly easier as the LFS generally gets them through the hard phases of establishing and feeding in captivity.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally these guys are rather close in care to Anampses femininus with some minor differences in my experience. This is talking about experience from an LFS though so in an established reef they tend to be slightly easier as the LFS generally gets them through the hard phases of establishing and feeding in captivity.
Thanks for the insight, @i cant think!

If I'm actually able to get one, think it would get along in a 225g system with a melanurus, radiant, ornate leopard, exquisite, and linneatus?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I'm actually able to get one, think it would get along in a 225g system with a melanurus, radiant, ornate leopard, exquisite, and linneatus?
The two fairies shouldn’t be an issue but I’d be cautious with the melanurus and iridis. The ornate leopard shouldn’t be too much of an issue however it’s not always 100%.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It should be fine with those other wrasses, just keep an eye on the melanurus and the ornate leopard for any possible initial aggression.

Just a heads up, lennardi is a cooler water species people with the most success with them keep their tanks around 74 degrees. They can handle temporary periods of warmer water, but it's best not to keep them above 77.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow Wrasse aficionados! Anyone seen P. attenuatus available anywhere? Been trying to source one or a pair, but haven't seen them in a while. Figured I'd probe the hivemind.
I've got my feelers out there for diamond tails too, I recently lost mine to old age. If I find a vendor I'll spread the word.

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should be fine with those other wrasses, just keep an eye on the melanurus and the ornate leopard for any possible initial aggression.

Just a heads up, lennardi is a cooler water species people with the most success with them keep their tanks around 74 degrees. They can handle temporary periods of warmer water, but it's best not to keep them above 77.
I think thats what did mine in.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
STUD
A8825E67-0071-42BA-B87F-B3D964BD7B17.jpeg

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have bought a male Naoko’s ferry wrasse. I say may because the little bugger has appeared once in two days.

Hope he’s alive cuz he sure was pretty and kinda expensive

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my list for Splend replacement in no order, Looking for thoughts, An Ideas if I overlooked one

1. Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
2. Cirrhilabrus laboutei
3. Cirrhilabrus lineatus
4. Cirrhilabrus isosceles

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my list for Splend replacement in no order, Looking for thoughts, An Ideas if I overlooked one

1. Cirrhilabrus exquisitus
2. Cirrhilabrus laboutei
3. Cirrhilabrus lineatus
4. Cirrhilabrus isosceles
Cirrhilabrus Rhomboidalis?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a Timor Wrasse? I like the looks of this and was wondering if they would work well with a Melanurus and yellow coris wrasse? What benefits for pests do they provide, if any?
Should be fine with a melanurus and chrysus. Timors will hunt the same pests as melanurus and chrysus, but they're less effective than the other two once it becomes a mature male.

I noticed you're in STL so am I :)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back