i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying-face:, I can’t get it
1685502907873.png
Wait till you get a female… they’re cheaper and well, won’t live for such a short period.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait till you get a female… they’re cheaper and well, won’t live for such a short period.
That’s the plan,…. but it was right there though :grinning-face-with-sweat:!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look at all these rare fairies I slowly begin to see how much I dislike them haha.
You find fairies that look almost identical but for like 3/4 of the price…

But that’s me being sour, I like these wrasses but every time I see a specimen they’re always really dull and only nice when displaying which knowing my luck is rare. I mean my lubbocki’s don’t display even nearly as often and my Naoko has only displayed 2 times in the last year or two.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look at all these rare fairies I slowly begin to see how much I dislike them haha.
You find fairies that look almost identical but for like 3/4 of the price…

But that’s me being sour, I like these wrasses but every time I see a specimen they’re always really dull and only nice when displaying which knowing my luck is rare. I mean my lubbocki’s don’t display even nearly as often and my Naoko has only displayed 2 times in the last year or two.
Yep and I changed my mind. The lunatus with its black fins is prettier or at least more special looking then the $3000 Squirei

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I look at all these rare fairies I slowly begin to see how much I dislike them haha
I got to say I don’t find any Cirrhilabrus or Paracheilinus dull, I think they are all pretty in their own right

But you have a point, every time we see one, they aren’t colored up at all, or they’re lying on the floor making most people think they are dead.

Funny enough (and I don’t think I’m the only one, I hope so) I think Anthias are like an easier to obtain tricky to feed act a little different wrasse. Not sure why I think this way lol.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wrasses are going to look duller when you see them in a LFS they've endured a stressful journey since being collected and now they're likely being held in a small, minimally decorated tank at the LFS. Once you get them in your display tank where they aren't stressed anymore that's when their true beauty shines.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wrasses are going to look duller when you see them in a LFS they've endured a stressful journey since being collected and now they're likely being held in a small, minimally decorated tank at the LFS. Once you get them in your display tank where they aren't stressed anymore that's when their true beauty shines.
Honestly, even the established ones in the LFS I work at (We have Atleast 3 pieces of rock in the tanks with wrasses) are often times dull… the most colourful ones are always sand sifters no matter how established fairies and flashers are.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, even the established ones in the LFS I work at (We have Atleast 3 pieces of rock in the tanks with wrasses) are often times dull… the most colourful ones are always sand sifters no matter how established fairies and flashers are.
My fairy wrasses totally disagree with you, but they forgive you for being biased haha :p:)

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why online stores can sell their fish using one probably edited photo for massive amounts. While the LFS has to sell the real thing.
Funny enough (and I don’t think I’m the only one, I hope so) I think Anthias are like an easier to obtain tricky to feed act a little different wrasse. Not sure why I think this way lol.
I wonder where this thought came from. Obviously anthias are superior but thats not the point of this thread. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3326.jpeg
    IMG_3326.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3291.jpeg
    IMG_3291.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 19

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fairy wrasses totally disagree with you, but they forgive you for being biased haha :p:)
Luckily I wasn’t infront of my main tank and only my leopard and pinkies know I’ve downed fairies and flashers ;)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wonder where this thought came from. Obviously anthias are superior but thats not the point of this thread. ;)
Shhhh! I’m not gonna tell them you like Anthias over Wrasse more!

@SaltyT @i cant think

Oops…..I accidentally tagged them :upside-down-face:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only my leopard and pinkies know I’ve downed fairies and flashers ;)
Now all the wrasse lovers' know your secret dislike for fairy and flasher wrasses bwahahaha

Dr Evil GIF

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why online stores can sell their fish using one probably edited photo for massive amounts. While the LFS has to sell the real thing.

I wonder where this thought came from. Obviously anthias are superior but thats not the point of this thread. ;)
You just have to get healthy ones that make it out of QT.

9856.jpeg
13824.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a particular dislike for Johnsoni... hmmm what is he secretly saying about me and you?
Well, I have a specific dislike towards 2 in that complex ;)
Wonder if you guys will be able to change my mind on those two though…

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have a specific dislike towards 2 in that complex ;)
Wonder if you guys will be able to change my mind on those two though…
Who's the other, Squirei?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, ironically it’s the two that are rare…
The temminckii, cyanopleura, lubbocki, and scottorum complexes don't do much for me... which is about half of the genus Lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back