The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Mel and naoke just placed in observation today. Excuse the dirty glass.

IMG_6069.jpeg
 
20230303_203526.jpg
20230313_200125.jpg
20230122_003238.jpg

Hobi is my 6 yo ball python
I used to wear mine, too! But time it wrong and you get giant marshmallow poops on your clothes.

I'm stuck at home with hurricane/tropical storm/bit of rain Hilary and can't get to the office for fish pics, so here's a video of an old Greyhound getting his neck scratched instead.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/U352dHesrnvnd4mNA
 
Hello Can we talk about wrasses on this Tread and Not Snakes Please, especially the photos.... Not a fan of them at all it would be greatly appreciated
 
Hello Can we talk about wrasses on this Tread and Not Snakes Please, especially the photos.... Not a fan of them at all it would be greatly appreciated
Here ya go, Eupetrichthys angustipes:
1692576093984.png
 
Hello Can we talk about wrasses on this Tread and Not Snakes Please, especially the photos.... Not a fan of them at all it would be greatly appreciated
Pardon me, it was requested.
 
So @OrchidMiss did you get anything today?
I did not. I ended up spending the day with a childhood/lifelong friend.
She used to have 2 reefs, so she loves coming to see mine.
 
I came across this thread after being at my LFS and the guy was showing me a red line wrasse with pink under tones. Me my self find tang fish and trigger fish more appealing.
What’s the reason for such popularity in the wrasse fish line up? What am I missing and or looking at wrong. I feel broken being apart of the SW fish Aquatic culture
 
I came across this thread after being at my LFS and the guy was showing me a red line wrasse with pink under tones. Me my self find tang fish and trigger fish more appealing.
What’s the reason for such popularity in the wrasse fish line up? What am I missing and or looking at wrong. I feel broken being apart of the SW fish Aquatic culture
Eh, I felt the same about wrasses at first. What's the big deal with them? Now I want 100 of them. Maybe not that many, but I've definitely moved into the wrasse camp. Colors, movement, little kissy faces. They really grow on you. My leopard now comes to the glass to see me like the clownpigs do!
 
Thank you, It ok I wasn't expecting it. Thank you for understanding
That's ok. I have an irrational fear of spiders. And they occasionally pop up as big pictures on my news feed (like the recent "tarantulas about to swarm San Diego county due to breeding season" type articles), which makes me let loose explicatives in the wrong places.
 
I came across this thread after being at my LFS and the guy was showing me a red line wrasse with pink under tones. Me my self find tang fish and trigger fish more appealing.
What’s the reason for such popularity in the wrasse fish line up? What am I missing and or looking at wrong. I feel broken being apart of the SW fish Aquatic culture
There are 86 species of tang across 6 genera. All are roughly the same shape, all are fairly large, fairly aggressive, and with one exception (achilles) are colorful but not crazy colorful.

There are over 600 species of wrasse with 81 genera. There are peaceful and aggressive wrasse, big and small, long wrasse and flat wrasse, bland wrasse and super colorful wrasse. However the best thing about them is they generally get along unlike any other type of fish. I easily keep 10+ in a medium tank.
 
That's ok. I have an irrational fear of spiders. And they occasionally pop up as big pictures on my news feed (like the recent "tarantulas about to swarm San Diego county due to breeding season" type articles), which makes me let loose explicatives in the wrong places.
Yeah I have friend who has the same spider phobia. We tease him about it with spider memes and such.
 
There are 86 species of tang across 6 genera. All are roughly the same shape, all are fairly large, fairly aggressive, and with one exception (achilles) are colorful but not crazy colorful.

There are over 600 species of wrasse with 81 genera. There are peaceful and aggressive wrasse, big and small, long wrasse and flat wrasse, bland wrasse and super colorful wrasse. However the best thing about them is they generally get along unlike any other type of fish. I easily keep 10+ in a medium tank.
This is starting to sound like an Eric Burdon song.
 
They do grow fast and get to about 7-9 inches in captuvity the slow in growth. Your tank is around 200 gal should be large enough to keep one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new