The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Sad morning. Brunneus seems to have either made it through the mesh lid or jumped while I was cleaning yesterday and didn't see him do it. Found him dessicated on the carpet this morning :-(
 
Sad morning. Brunneus seems to have either made it through the mesh lid or jumped while I was cleaning yesterday and didn't see him do it. Found him dessicated on the carpet this morning :-(
When you were cleaning for sure. I lost several wrasses jump out even with little opening for very short time.
 
I was doing water change in my QT system and my Leucoxanthus spooked and rammed the wall and died yesterday. There are quite a few sad news this week.
I was happy and documented how well he was doing on Tuesday, then Thursday this happened. :(
 
I thought I would drop this in here. They are really interactive with each other. The wrasse stops by multiple times a day.

IMG_6527.jpg
 
If this is "my LFS" they both going home with me.
If I had somewhere to put her... she was a good size.
I want a meleagris quite badly, I just have nowhere to house her :crying-face:
 
Well I have good news. Apologies for the algae but with this coward don’t want to clean it right now.

He is so beautiful! Dream fish for me, cause he is from Dr Seuss books
 
Given the choice between these Halichoeres wrasse, which one would you choose for a 3 x 2 x 1.5 60 gallon tank?

Rubricephalus
Leucoxanthus
Cosmetus
Richmondi
Chrysus
Biocellatus
 
I know it’s about the wrasses but that Achilles is gorgeous…
1000031559.jpg

He's been there for a few weeks. He looks great and I wish I had room for both of them
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new