The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

701046589b17947d7d833b07b9f0f6ed.jpg
 
yes but i did not use it for the leopard. the good thing the leopard is not going into the sand so hopefully they will work it out
It likely would have helped in that instance.
 
Wondering if any one have a pintail with Johnson's in same tank. If so do they fight.

I have two johnsoni. Formerly a pair now two males. Both are approx. 4". The dominant male has killed 2 pintails. One was larger than him and had been the dominant wrasse in the tank for at least a year -- since the johnsoni was a pup. I tried adding a smaller pintail a few months later and the johnsoni killed him as well. If he wasn't so beautiful I'd re-home him.
 
I have two johnsoni. Formerly a pair now two males. Both are approx. 4". The dominant male has killed 2 pintails. One was larger than him and had been the dominant wrasse in the tank for at least a year -- since the johnsoni was a pup. I tried adding a smaller pintail a few months later and the johnsoni killed him as well. If he wasn't so beautiful I'd re-home him.
That what I'm afraid.
 
I wouldn't do it with fairy and flasher wrasses, but some Halichoeres, Coris and other genera that are more suited for fish only tanks. Even so, I would add the wrasses before the triggers, especially a trigger as aggressive as a clown.

I knew of someone who fed his clown trigger clownfish. It would bite them in half. I would never put a flasher or fairy wrasse in with a trigger unless it was a blue throat or sargassum.
 
I keep seeing exquisite fairys locally, how are their attitude towards, rhomboid, pintails flames ect?

Also diver den sold a pintail for 249 in under 5 minutes 2 days in a row... so yes buy it !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new