TheGrimmReefer's rimless 120g Showcase Thread

Here is my haul from #Fragniappe this weekend!

7 acan frags
8 head fat head dendro
Jack o lantern lepto
5 sps frags
1 carpet lobo
1 bad butt wellso

Purchased from @UCC Unlimited Color Coral, @ARI Aquatic Realm Intl, Zen Reef, Fraggin Wagon, @Golden Basket Reef, and Aquatic Sealife!

More pics tomorrow when everything is settled in.

IMG_4908.JPG

 
For the SPS frags I got from @Golden Basket Reef I'm going to be trying a few different mounting styles out to see what works best.

For one frag, I've got a mound of epoxy encasing the frag plug, and smushed down onto the rock. When the frag starts to encrust, it'll have to travel down the epoxy onto the rock, giving it a super solid base. Maybe it'll grow upwards faster once that base is intact?




The next frag, the Tequila Lime Millepora, is glued straight to the rocks. Which, should still get a solid base once encrusted, but just for kicks.
 
Looking good!
 
Nice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new