Theiling Compact Rollermat - Alternative Replacement Fleece?

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Theiling Compact Rollermat on a new system I am setting up, and generally love it. However, the tank is going through it's ugly phase and I'm regularly cleaning glass/etc. which is using up the fleece at an incredible rate (about one roll a week)! At BRS it is $50 for 3 rolls, so that is a lot of cost per month right now that I would rather avoid while I get through this phase of crud in the water.

Any recommendations out there to find a cheaper solution that I can either directly replace or cut to size? I can't seem to find anyone who has successfully found anything yet, but perhaps my search skills are just low today and could use some assistance. TIA!!

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, do you use these yourself I assume? I have heard some people say their skimmer goes crazy with these and that it is not really reef safe?

I’ve used these for a few months now, haven’t noticed any problems, no skimmer issues.

SaltyShrimpy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coolant filter paper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coolant-fi...3:g:W38AAOSwX~dWshti:sc:UPSGround!10027!US!-1

The seller will cut it to size of your rollermat. I use this for my clarisea, even though my tank isn’t going through an ugly phase i was going through the roll too fast.

I also really loved the original rolls, and with the new rolls sometimes my filter won't even advance because it's letting so much water and detritus through. I really want to try out this coolant filter paper.

Do you know what size hole in the middle we need? Also, I wonder if the filter rolls can be cut to size using a bandsaw? I know the seller will cut it but I still wonder.

Knology

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about these too as the original rolls are hard to come by in the states. It looks like you get get 5 rolls out of that 20" ebay AC roll if custom cut. It would be 5 for the price of two if you got them from BRS, which seems to be the only people in the states that sell the roll for the original Theiling roller setup(non-compact)

Would this AC paper be 100% safe and it's rated about the same as the Theiling in regards to filter material?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back