There's a crab party going on on top of my zoas.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1369860043.682230.jpg

Of all the places to hang out, why did it have to be here?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sifting thru the polyps for deitrus accumilation. If you got a turkey baster and sprayed your polyps I bet you, you'd see a lot of crud flying off it. I do this once or twice a month to clean it off from sand/dietrus or other material collecting in between the polyps.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sifting thru the polyps for deitrus accumilation. If you got a turkey baster and sprayed your polyps I bet you, you'd see a lot of crud flying off it. I do this once or twice a month to clean it off from sand/dietrus or other material collecting in between the polyps.

+1 at least once a month if you want to do it to all your corals make sure you are going to do a water change after tho so you dont have all of it running threw the system. but most of it will be out from the water change. its really good to do. !

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back