There's something fishy about this build...

It’s not just the fish. I’m thinking about the uglies. I know some people feel you should never put dry rock in a tank without “baking” it first?
Honestly, if you’re putting in your bacterial covered rocks I wouldn’t worry too much. I have some minor uglies but it’s restricted to the sand and not on the rocks, it was only really on the rocks for the first week if that.
 
It’s not just the fish. I’m thinking about the uglies. I know some people feel you should never put dry rock in a tank without “baking” it first?
I disagree. Let the mature rock seed the new rocks. Better bacteria on them than in a bottle in any case. Coraline might get started quicker too (keep your alk/ca/mg up!), and I think the general health of the system will stabilize faster. How are you currently seeding the new rocks?
 
I disagree. Let the mature rock seed the new rocks. Better bacteria on them than in a bottle in any case. Coraline might get started quicker too (keep your alk/ca/mg up!), and I think the general health of the system will stabilize faster. How are you currently seeding the new rocks?
Added some old rocks
 
Following, tip of advice on pensinula tanks you should aim for a slanted triangle. Highest rock point on the weir and lowest on the end. This allows for maximum flow and more appealing. Obviously your tank but id like to just give advice. Reefdudes 7225 is a great example. Also congrats on the peninsula it looks great.
 
Following, tip of advice on pensinula tanks you should aim for a slanted triangle. Highest rock point on the weir and lowest on the end. This allows for maximum flow and more appealing. Obviously your tank but id like to just give advice. Reefdudes 7225 is a great example. Also congrats on the peninsula it looks great.
Thanks
I might reverse my aqua scape then.
 
Thanks
I might reverse my aqua scape then.
Nope. I think I like it this way. (And those rocks are way too heavy and awkward to move).

Got the hanging kit and now I just need to buy some drywall screws. Do have to figure out how to center it though.
 
Nope. I think I like it this way. (And those rocks are way too heavy and awkward to move).

Got the hanging kit and now I just need to buy some drywall screws. Do have to figure out how to center it though.
Hey your reef just ensure you can get flow around and make it nicely appealing when the tank is wet just personal preference yk anyway gl im following
 
48x24x24 is standard 120 gallon so you just upped yourself 10 gallons. Time to think about an additional wrasse.
Of course!!
Hope for another tamarin, leopard, 3-4 flashers/fairies. Might move a Halichoeres to the mean tank though. Timor probably.

Though the tank is a generous 48x24x24. Those are the exterior dimensions and it’s definitely shorter than my current.
 
Of course!!
Hope for another tamarin, leopard, 3-4 flashers/fairies. Might move a Halichoeres to the mean tank though. Timor probably.

Though the tank is a generous 48x24x24. Those are the exterior dimensions and it’s definitely shorter than my current.
Pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger on that Leopard tomorrow.
 
Pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger on that Leopard tomorrow.
Weirdly enough that’s my favorite leopard. Or at least my favorite one you can actually get.
 
My buddy told her I was buying a $200 fish... She said "No! Maybe a $40 fish, but no $200 fish.". Well, it happens to be $40...
 
Pretty sure I'm pulling the trigger on that Leopard tomorrow.
i dare you a christmas story GIF
 
My buddy told her I was buying a $200 fish... She said "No! Maybe a $40 fish, but no $200 fish.". Well, it happens to be $40...
winning independence day GIF by IFC
 
Not tank related other then it’s slowing me down since I don’t want to get Benadryl cream in my tank but @i cant think be glad your country does not have poison ivy.
IMG_0916.jpeg
 
Not tank related other then it’s slowing me down since I don’t want to get Benadryl cream in my tank but @i cant think be glad your country does not have poison ivy.
IMG_0916.jpeg
I am very glad we don’t have it. Although for some insane reason people can plant it…
 
I am very glad we don’t have it. Although for some insane reason people can plant it…
Why would anyone plant it? It’s got no use nor is it pretty.
 
Why would anyone plant it? It’s got no use nor is it pretty.
I have no idea, I wondered the same thing when I saw it in a garden.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new