There's something fishy about this build...

Seems like the turf algea is making a ton of bubbles?
Also I have these silencers that stop surface water flowing down.

Anything that commonly causes it? It is reddish so maybe cyano but I haven't seen it coat any rocks
I get the same on occasion. Pretty sure it's some form of cyano or an algae of some type.
 
I get the same on occasion. Pretty sure it's some form of cyano or an algae of some type.
Yeah. It forms big floating blobs in the refugium sometimes.
 
Yeah. It forms big floating blobs in the refugium sometimes.
That's where mine is - sump. I scoop it out and toss it. Smells like algae.
 
Actually did a water change
IMG_2243.jpeg
 
That chali doesn't look so good... :thinking-face: maybe you should send it to me for better inspection...:grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
n a bag of asterinas...;):)
 
That chali doesn't look so good... :thinking-face: maybe you should send it to me for better inspection...:grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
n a bag of asterinas...;):)
TBH I've never been a fan of chalices. But it is chugging along nicely
IMG_2244.jpeg
 
TBH I've never been a fan of chalices. But it is chugging along nicely
IMG_2244.jpeg
Nice pic, got the wrasse in background... ;) :)
 
So I got the media cups. Should I do a hybrid or all media cups?

Also if anyone is ordering from BRS PM me for a gift card
1732903975187.gif
 
Last edited:
Nice pic, got the wrasse in background... ;) :)
Completely missed that. Only noticed it when I uploaded the pic :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
So I got the media cups. Should I do a hybrid or all media cups?

Also if anyone is ordering from BRS PM me for a gift card
Both, use a sock before vacation,try to eliminate that "algae film "... :)
 
So I got the media cups. Should I do a hybrid or all media cups?

Also if anyone is ordering from BRS PM me for a gift card
1732903975187.gif
I did both media cups with PolyFil. Socks may keep things cleaner, I dunno.
 
nice setup the scape looks really good but I would have the arch a bit lower like three quarters the way up otherwise any corals on top will be out of the water in 6 months especially if SPS which would look really good
 
I suck at seeing in blue light, but sure does looks like it... did you hand dinos and get numbers up, or that's how it runs and this stuff is coming in?
 
I suck at seeing in blue light, but sure does looks like it... did you hand dinos and get numbers up, or that's how it runs and this stuff is coming in?
I haven't done anything to raise nutrients. I was just testing to see if they had bottomed out.
IMG_2247.jpeg
 
This can't be dinos with these numbers right?? IMG_2245.jpeg
image.jpg IMG_2246.jpeg
It can, and those look very much like dinos. Best is to get an ID on them, but if not, I go with a combination of UV 24hr till they disappear + dosing "competition". My favored competition is Fiji Mud (AquaForest Life Source, since you can't get the Walt Smith stuff anymore).
 
It can, and those look very much like dinos. Best is to get an ID on them, but if not, I go with a combination of UV 24hr till they disappear + dosing "competition". My favored competition is Fiji Mud (AquaForest Life Source, since you can't get the Walt Smith stuff anymore).
Uggh
Do you have a UV suggestion?
 
Uggh
Do you have a UV suggestion?
Mine are smaller tanks. I just use the 10W Innovative Marine universal one. You might need more wattage.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new