There's something fishy about this build...

Did you also write a review or was it just a silent star?

I’m all about the passion and drama.


IMG_4777.png
 
Beautiful! I was going to comment on the impossible-to-clean square skimmer lid, but I wasn’t sure if it was this or a different model.

Is this the one with that square collection cup? I could be misremembering
 
Beautiful! I was going to comment on the impossible-to-clean square skimmer lid, but I wasn’t sure if it was this or a different model.

Is this the one with that square collection cup? I could be misremembering
Nah
It’s circular, but a pain to remove the cup to clean.
 
Nah
It’s circular, but a paint to remove the cup to clean.
Yeah. I remember I told you to tug it out HARD. You almost broke the dang thing to open the lid. Imagine opening a closed paint can with your bare hands…that’s this skimmer.
 
So, how’s everyone’s evening?

Any icebreaker games?
 
I'm watching Shark Week and being invited to do coffee reviews.
 
Last edited:
Nah
It’s circular, but a pain to remove the cup to clean.
Yeah. I remember I told you to tug it out HARD. You almost broke the dang thing to open the lid. Imagine opening a closed paint can with your bare hands…that’s this skimmer.
A little molykote 111 would solve this problem.. even a reef octopus can be tight, a little lubrication goes a long way...
 
Ooh.

You should have espressos…with extra frothy milk.

I know a really cool person who’d be down for that…






@JoJosReef
I said coffee reviews, not chocolate milk reviews silly!
 
So I’ve noticed my orange shoulder tang has been scratching on the bottom for a few months. It was very mild.

Last week, however, I noticed him breathing much heavier and scratching more.

I dosed PraziPro to my reef tank. The scratching appears to have stopped. The fish also seems calmer.

I will have to repeat the dose after a week. I’m actually going to treat for 3 consecutive weeks to ensure I have the best chance of eradicating these flukes.
 
So I’ve noticed my orange shoulder tang has been scratching on the bottom for a few months. It was very mild.

Last week, however, I noticed him breathing much heavier and scratching more.

I dosed PraziPro to my reef tank. The scratching appears to have stopped. The fish also seems calmer.

I will have to repeat the dose after a week. I’m actually going to treat for 3 consecutive weeks to ensure I have the best chance of eradicating these flukes.
I had flukes too. I think it was one of the major reasons behind why my eel tank hasn’t done well. They’re a pain, much worse in sharks and rays though.
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new