therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently I never posted this one!

CC Golden Dragon

Nice shaggy polyps, with pink highlights on the axial corallites and a bright yellow corallite on the tip! Has been nice and hardy for me and a good grower.

IMG_5175.jpeg
That is stunning!

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic UC (Unique Corals) Strawberry Shortcake
P7171258.jpg
i would like to buy some corals i have to adjust my lights my par is at 250 i am having a guy come over next week how high should i make my par my live rock gores about half ay up around 18 to 25 inches from the top of the tank could use some help where i should keep my par just having a tough time getting started if its not onething its another so if you could let me know around what my par should be and my lights i think have to be turned more bluer and more vilot i think just started this about 2yrs ago for my retirerment thanks Gary

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i would like to buy some corals i have to adjust my lights my par is at 250 i am having a guy come over next week how high should i make my par my live rock gores about half ay up around 18 to 25 inches from the top of the tank could use some help where i should keep my par just having a tough time getting started if its not onething its another so if you could let me know around what my par should be and my lights i think have to be turned more bluer and more vilot i think just started this about 2yrs ago for my retirerment thanks Gary

Almost all Acropora do well at a PAR between 350-400 in my experience. A few things grow faster or color up differently at higher PAR, and some will survive below 350 PAR, but they usually do not really thrive below 300.

Gary67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all Acropora do well at a PAR between 350-400 in my experience. A few things grow faster or color up differently at higher PAR, and some will survive below 350 PAR, but they usually do not really thrive below 300.
you made my day i ill have the man when he comes to make sure they are around 350 400 and just thanks again when he gets done i will be in touch to buy some corals thanks Gary

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many hours are you cooking at 350-400

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Therman if you can please give me a way of getting to talk to you via text e-mail phone smoke signals i will get in touch with you next week if possible
Just click on my username and then click “start conversation” to send me a private message, and we can go from there. Thanks!

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Therman what's your favorite colony when over 6" ?
I had to think on this...

Some of my favorites that look great over 6":

Jawdropper :D
JF Fox Flame
Oregon Tort
Reefnation Purple Turaki
ORA Pearlberry
Vivid Confetti
CC Pink Highlighter tenuis
BC Joker 1.0
Original BC Skinny Love (if I can ever grow it that big again...)

2 that I should start having available in December:
CC Bahama Mama
Reefgen Blueberry Fantasy

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
However there aren't too many corals I let grow much over 6" as when they get to that point they grow so fast that they will overtake a TON of space within a year, and they are susceptible to crashing due to insufficient flow.

Back