Thermometer placement

Redemption626

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2020
Messages
116
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So I have a heater thermometer on my heating elements the innovative marine heaters. Where in the tank should I place it? I have a in tank overflow system. And two Maxspect gyros one skimming the top of the tank and other moving from one side to the other. No I plan on adding a apex and it will go into the sump area. I’ve also got a sticker temp on the side of the tank as well.
 
in a calm area of the sump, not near the heater.
 
in a calm area of the sump, not near the heater.
On my 2 IM tanks the heater is in the overflow in the sump. High water flow for sure. This is just the way they designed it. As long as the heater is down stream and away from the heater your fine.
 
On my 2 IM tanks the heater is in the overflow in the sump. High water flow for sure. This is just the way they designed it. As long as the heater is down stream and away from the heater your fine.
Ya, honestly it doesn't matter if that's the only place you can put it, it's fine. Still gonna heat your water! :)
I think the OP was asking about the thermometer which I took as the sensor, and I like to place sensors in calmer areas if possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new