TheSaint216's 65 gallon

You will be happy that you started the tank running the bio pellets. You will have excellent parameters from the get go. Therefore you shouldnt have to deal with any nuisance algaes at all. Cyano can happen sometimes when the bacterial balance gets out of whack, but adding some microbacter or microbe lift special blend sparingly will knock it out.

Typed from my phone, because I have nothing better to do.
 
Major setback. Par38 bulb fell in tank while I was working 12 hours. Came home and apartment stunk and everything but fish and cleaner shrimp were dead.
 
nem.jpg


mangroves102212.jpg


tank22222.jpg


Well everything suffered a bit and some were lost after the Par 38 bulb took a dive in the tank but alot has rebounded.
Redid the Rockwork, Added some Mangroves more as a novelty and part curiousity, JBJ Ato to make life easy andan Aqua Mag Jr that I put a few
Torch Corals on. Added a new nem today and a few new corals.
 
Last edited:
Been awhile since I updated this. Here's a new tank shot. I took out the fuge now its a barebottom sump just running chaeto. Got rid of the LED's and went to a Marineland Pro T5/Halide combo and loving it. Also tried to go for a Bonsai type aquascape, got tired of the pile of rocks look. Here's the latest pic.


 
Looks great and nice aquascape!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new