These lights enough for anemone?

Mil26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just bought the innovative marine 25g lagoon tank and was wondering if these lights will be enough for anemones specifically (Btas) will only house 2 clowns and anemones.

smacbride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So most BTA's require 220 - 350 par. From the chart on those lights, I would say you need more light.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend. I have those lights on my cichlid tank now .

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at ViperSpectra or the "value" lights as BRS
2nd that I had 2 of the 165 watt on 90 and wow. My acro grew like crazy ! Great value and 3 year warranty I think

OP
OP
Mil26

Mil26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2nd that I had 2 of the 165 watt on 90 and wow. My acro grew like crazy ! Great value and 3 year warranty I think
I looked these up great value but is there any other way to mount these besides ceiling mounting my ceiling is to high up or any other led lights that mount on to the tank what about 1 ai prime 16hd would that be enough ?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked these up great value but is there any other way to mount these besides ceiling mounting my ceiling is to high up or any other led lights that mount on to the tank what about 1 ai prime 16hd would that be enough ?

I use two AI Primes over an IM 20. But's that mostly to keep the lighting uniform, rather than to maximize PAR.

One alternative would be to get a 24" T5 or hybrid fixture, and some hardware to mount it to the wall behind the tank, if that's an option.

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could do as mpeterson suggests
I bought this mount off Amazon and hung my vipers 8” over tank 8” above water level
It doesn’t appear Amazon offers them nw but I would guess you could find elsewhere online

Attachments

• 8DAE6141-384C-4EBC-8D65-637DA43AF724.png
    8DAE6141-384C-4EBC-8D65-637DA43AF724.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 34

Teemingtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marketplace or eBay. AI, kessil, or something similar. You should be able to light that tank for 200$ or under.

You could easily make a light rack for viparspectras with pvc or lumber(lumber would be more aesthetic). Make sure it’s a branded BB like vipar, I recently purchased an unbranded that I had to send back... Had stray voltage new out of the box. Only gripe I have with the BB’s is they are noisy, hard to clean, and the engineering degree you need to mount them is quite pricy

Mono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, pick up some longer cables or a mounting kit on ebay. If you're planning on a keeping your tank around for a while and you're sure of its placement, I would seriously consider a ceiling or wall mount.

I started with my lights mounted on my tank but now I have all of my lights ceiling mounted and it makes tank maintenance and adjusting your PAR and spread so much easier.

Just a thought.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back