OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank! Certainly will follow along how this one will develop.

Thank you, excited to get it moved and filled up.

I started playing around a bit with the rock this week, hoping to create a few different structures to fill the space. Glad I went with the 30" depth, that was always something that bothered me with my previous tanks.

This is about 30" wide and 22" deep:
pzOU95Z.png

3Y5s5en.png

Laird

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool sump. I havent seen one like that before.

Are you going to be able easily access those valves for the drain lines? I plumbed them high like that on one of my tanks and regret it because it was so hard to adjust when I needed to. I ended up putting them down by the actual drain to make it easier. Just a thought.

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool sump. I havent seen one like that before.

Are you going to be able easily access those valves for the drain lines? I plumbed them high like that on one of my tanks and regret it because it was so hard to adjust when I needed to. I ended up putting them down by the actual drain to make it easier. Just a thought.

I can actually get under there to adjust them and remove them if needed pretty easily. There's not going to be a whole lot more added under the tank as reactors, UV, frag tank, etc will all be housed in the closet behind the tank. Getting all of that plumbed and the Apex up and running are next on my list of to-do's!

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started on the scape and currently have everything 2-3" off the back, but, that takes away space from the front.

Is it worth leaving the scape off the back, or should I move it? It would be nice to have a lot of flow back there and give the fish some space to access their caves, etc. from the back.

Such decisions...

C9IoLCG.jpg

(Ignore the random PVC I was using to move sand :))

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank and stand are sitting in the garage. They look absolutely amazing. Current plan is to get everything organized and move them down to the basement sometime in September.

Sump and tanks from Advanced Acrylics also arrived, John did a great job as usual!

I'm currently in the process of setting up the 2 AIO tanks that will be used for fish quarantine and coral quarantine while the big tank is getting set up and cycled. Initially everything will be dipped and observed, with any issues being treated as necessary. I have plenty of time to observe as summer comes to an end and prefer to not over-treat if it's not necessary.

NNZYqzx.jpg

I've also got 3 of the new acrylic filter socks on the way from John, looking forward to see how well these work compared to normal socks.
What type of sump is this?

OP
OP
thewackyreefer

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG i was gonna check them out thanks for the heads up.

I will say, the quality is amazing and the prices are reasonable. I ended up getting the sump + 2 AIO tanks + frag tank and they're all stunning.

I hit John up today to see what's going on. Hopefully he's just working through a big backlog and running behind.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All good! I got it from Advanced Acrylics although I'm not sure I'd order from them again. Terrible communication, late deliveries, missing acrylic filter socks that I can't get an answer on, etc.
What was shipping like I dont live in CA i could only image it would be costly

antrageous

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the lights mounted today. Now it's time to start dealing with all of the wires.

Nice pics!
For the lights, did the Multi-light RMS track bow down in the middle section? or is it straight across?
I can't tell with the pic since some cameras view differently. Great post!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back