Things that make you rage

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One reason I don't buy from the LFS around here. This little foxface is in a tank with a Niger trigger, porcupine puffer, blue hippo, blue eye tang. All probably 3 times his size.
20201025_121654.jpg
20201025_121635.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's terrible...poor thing!!:(

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing that make me rage are the actual people in this hobby. Specifically on forums or locally. Ive been on dizens of forums for cars or trading cards. Or computers or video games or astronomy whatever it is.

And fish people are some of the rudest and nastiest if all of them. Sorry lol just the truth and thats what makes me (rage) lol.

As for thst focface. I bought one and still have it. At a discount because petco actually put the fox in with a trigger fish and a nasty tomato clown. It had cuts and bruises all over. So i talked to thr manager and got the fish for 20$ or something. Vs the 49$ it was.

I still have him. I put him in my 3 foot 30 gallon tank. I have no other larger tank thats salt water except my 135g 6ft tank but it has a foxface and i read they fight. So yea. At least hes away from mean fish and gained alot of weight

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to a fish store and theres dead fish floating in the tank

This store has that all the time. In fact today I also saw a harlequin tusk that looked on its last legs and a couple others beat to heck and back.
And this store is the largest in a metro area of a million plus and I've read the owner clears 7 figures a year in profit.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing that make me rage are the actual people in this hobby. Specifically on forums or locally. Ive been on dizens of forums for cars or trading cards. Or computers or video games or astronomy whatever it is.

And fish people are some of the rudest and nastiest if all of them. Sorry lol just the truth and thats what makes me (rage) lol.

As for thst focface. I bought one and still have it. At a discount because petco actually put the fox in with a trigger fish and a nasty tomato clown. It had cuts and bruises all over. So i talked to thr manager and got the fish for 20$ or something. Vs the 49$ it was.

I still have him. I put him in my 3 foot 30 gallon tank. I have no other larger tank thats salt water except my 135g 6ft tank but it has a foxface and i read they fight. So yea. At least hes away from mean fish and gained alot of weight

If we had anywhere to put this guy i would have rescued him. But we only have one tank and already have a full grown magnificent foxface and some large tangs. Afraid it wouldn't be any better for him in our tank.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same with me. Close to 4 years ago Petco had this very poor looking YT, skinny, fins shredded and in a small tank. Well I complained to the manager of the poor condition of her and I just had to save her. Got her for $10 and she is fat and happy today.

75g 2.jpg

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is also the same store that when we we were first staring out and didn't know any better, told us we could easily have a sailfin tang and blue hippo in a 75g. Also sold us a BTA when our tank wasn't 3 months old. Needless to say we wasted a lot of money and had a lot of poor fish not make it before we wised up.

Cole.mormon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a pet Co that had zoanthids that were growing like 4 in off the rock and he said they were supposed to look like that. what the heck

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What makes me rage are people who buy things without knowing what they are buying or the requirements needed to keep the livestock.

I see it all the time where someone bought something and they want you to identify what it is and then how they should take care of it instead of educating themselves before making the purchase. It's pure stupidity.

Oh...pretty yellow fish to go in my 10 tank nano tank!!! Makes purchase...goes home...posts photos on the internet for others to admire...oh wait...it's a yellow tang and they need a bigger tank? Nah...they'll be fine in my 10 gallon as long as I do my weekly water changes and feed them brine shrimp once every 3 days. The people on the internets don't know what they are talking about...

Heh.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What makes me rage are people who buy things without knowing what they are buying or the requirements needed to keep the livestock.

I see it all the time where someone bought something and they want you to identify what it is and then how they should take care of it instead of educating themselves before making the purchase. It's pure stupidity.

Oh...pretty yellow fish to go in my 10 tank nano tank!!! Makes purchase...goes home...posts photos on the internet for others to admire...oh wait...it's a yellow tang and they need a bigger tank? Nah...they'll be fine in my 10 gallon as long as I do my weekly water changes and feed them brine shrimp once every 3 days. The people on the internets don't know what they are talking about...

Heh.

We fell into that trap when we started. Very stupidly though the LFS wouldn't steer us wrong, surely they didn't want to just kill off livestock by selling it to unprepared people. Big mistake.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We fell into that trap when we started. Very stupidly though the LFS wouldn't steer us wrong, surely they didn't want to just kill off livestock by selling it to unprepared people. Big mistake.

I think all new people do to some degree. I know I did. I bought 10 freshwater Oscars and put them in a 10 gallon tank and the water turned cloudy overnight and the fish got ich. When I bought them no one at the store asked me what size of a tank I had or did I know that the fish would grow to be up to 12"+ and that a 10 gallon would not suffice for even one of them.

Did I ask any questions beforehand? Nope. I thought I knew what I was doing...boy was I wrong. LOL :D

I learned after that to do some reading before I bought things so I wouldn't make the same mistake again...and these were the days before the internet when you actually had to read a printed book to get information.

Fish stores are out to sell livestock to make money. The more people keep coming back to replace livestock that dies, the more money they make. I know not all places are like that...but at the end of the day, they have to keep making sales to stay in business. It's the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
Back