OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help!! I’m certainly gaining a love for the Waspfish. Any updates on the Paracentropogon zonatus?
I’m going for a mixed reef idea and thought a venomous/predator fish would be a good way to have that natural reef. I’ve been reading about the P. zonatus and it says they’re not invert friendly, does that include clams and snails?
I’ve had 2 in the main tank for 6 years now. The new additions are just scuttling around the sump until they start taking frozen :)

P. zonatus will eat very small shrimp (sexy shrimp for example) but will be fine with snails, clams, cleaner shrimp, hermits, any sessile inverts etc.

Reefdreams have a new scorpionfish in this weekend as they messaged me about it - Ambon scorpionfish. I’m picking 3 up locally tomorrow too!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had 2 in the main tank for 6 years now. The new additions are just scuttling around the sump until they start taking frozen :)

P. zonatus will eat very small shrimp (sexy shrimp for example) but will be fine with snails, clams, cleaner shrimp, hermits, any sessile inverts etc.

Reefdreams have a new scorpionfish in this weekend as they messaged me about it - Ambon scorpionfish. I’m picking 3 up locally tomorrow too!
Dang, I need to try go tomorrow to see it! I love the fish they get, they got in a nice group of ventralis anthias a while back and still have some of them. Achilles tangs are common in there too, I’m hoping to eventually find a rare goby if I don’t wind up grabbing a Zonatus.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked up the Ambon scorpionfish and it looks hilarious, I wish I didn’t have small fish in my main tank. I would LOVE to be greeted by this face in the morning haha.
36462176-8CC2-4D42-85FA-BBB5296E8E6C.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 45 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back