Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few new additions for me:
29822314-BF04-4F4F-8046-94E301C984E4.jpeg

6438AD7F-ED6C-47F2-B1E2-F61A6387AD9C.jpeg
They’re beautiful, just a question where did you get them from? My LFS had the two same species in (Reef Dreams) over in Winchester, I loved looking at the Lionfish, the scorpion was a beauty and this week they both got sold.

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re beautiful, just a question where did you get them from? My LFS had the two same species in (Reef Dreams) over in Winchester, I loved looking at the Lionfish, the scorpion was a beauty and this week they both got sold.
That’s exactly where I got them from. I’ve had my eye on them for a while and finally made the 6 hour round trip on Saturday to get them! Picked up a couple of Paracentropogon zonatus from them too :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly where I got them from. I’ve had my eye on them for a while and finally made the 6 hour round trip on Saturday to get them! Picked up a couple of Paracentropogon zonatus from them too :)
I’d love to see the Zonatus, they had been in for a while (A good month if not longer). The blue foot and scorpion NEARLY got bought a few times by me but had to keep resisting, glad to know they settled in alright!! All four of the fish you got had been in for a good month or two, I’d probably say 3 months for the Lion and Scorpion.

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waspfish are living in the sump as they’re not eating frozen yet and will be easier to train there. They’re also a little on the small size so want to grow them on a bit to avoid them getting gobbled up in the main tank.
They will get to share the sump with a Ambon scorpionfish, a velvetfish, a tiny cockatoo waspfish and another Bandtail too so they’ve got plenty of company down there :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The waspfish are living in the sump as they’re not eating frozen yet and will be easier to train there. They’re also a little on the small size so want to grow them on a bit to avoid them getting gobbled up in the main tank.
They will get to share the sump with a Ambon scorpionfish, a velvetfish, a tiny cockatoo waspfish and another Bandtail too so they’ve got plenty of company down there :)
That’s nice, yeah when I went yesterday they mentioned how they sold the waspfish and scorpion along with the lion. It was only when you sent the photos that I recognised the specimen. How big do you expect the scorpion to get?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I read through your thread the more interested I get. How big is your tank?
I’m surprised you didn’t pick up the FuManChu that Reef Dreams has had for a while when you got the Filamentosus sea goblin, Black Foot Lion and both wasp fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I’ve been thinking of adding either:
A 4th goby,
A Dragonet,
Or a Scorp,
To my Red Sea Max Nano with a 2” sand bed. What type of scorpion do you think would go best? I also plan for a clam and possibly some other sponges and Acros in the future.

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The more I read through your thread the more interested I get. How big is your tank?
I’m surprised you didn’t pick up the FuManChu that Reef Dreams has had for a while when you got the Filamentosus sea goblin, Black Foot Lion and both wasp fish.
The tank is the D-D Reef Pro 1500.

Here’s a FTS:
1C61EEB4-29C2-4BA9-849E-421607A7C135.jpeg

And one from above:
5E44700C-E8C4-4C9D-AC72-326D41CE411E.jpeg

I’ve actually already got a Fu Manchu so didn’t want to add another!
4A4A1365-353A-449B-95CF-783BB85AA7EC.jpeg

Hopefully picking up a couple of new fish tomorrow!

OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I’ve been thinking of adding either:
A 4th goby,
A Dragonet,
Or a Scorp,
To my Red Sea Max Nano with a 2” sand bed. What type of scorpion do you think would go best? I also plan for a clam and possibly some other sponges and Acros in the future.
My choice for a tank that size would either be the Bandtail/red rooster waspfish or a yellow spotted scorpionfish. Both stay relatively small, don’t hide away when settled and adapt to frozen food relatively easily.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My choice for a tank that size would either be the Bandtail/red rooster waspfish or a yellow spotted scorpionfish. Both stay relatively small, don’t hide away when settled and adapt to frozen food relatively easily.
Thanks for the ideas, now just gotta think on which would be better suited with 3 gobies that are 2” at max size, a wrasse that hits 2” and a blenny that’s 3”.
I assume a yellow spotted scorpion or red rooster waspfish wouldn’t go and eat a 2” goby or a 3” blenny correct?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Things_With_Stings_Reef

Things_With_Stings_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the ideas, now just gotta think on which would be better suited with 3 gobies that are 2” at max size, a wrasse that hits 2” and a blenny that’s 3”.
I assume a yellow spotted scorpion or red rooster waspfish wouldn’t go and eat a 2” goby or a 3” blenny correct?
Correct!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help!! I’m certainly gaining a love for the Waspfish. Any updates on the Paracentropogon zonatus?
I’m going for a mixed reef idea and thought a venomous/predator fish would be a good way to have that natural reef. I’ve been reading about the P. zonatus and it says they’re not invert friendly, does that include clams and snails?

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back