Think my bta is dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hop2jr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hop2jr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2019
Messages
358
Reaction score
389
Location
Youngstown Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bta has been acting strange looks sick than good than came home today and he looks like hell.
amo. 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 5
ph 8.2
alk 9.2
cal 450
mag 1320
phos .025
salt 1.025
dont see why it is going down hill.
A66C1785-EBC0-4C32-B6AD-BC390EFE3F27.jpeg
 
How long have you had the nem and how old is your system? I won't lie, it doesn't look good, but I have seen BTA's make some amazing come backs.
 
Wierd question but do you have coraline yet?
 
Well a lack of corraline would suggest the tanks not yet mature.
All you can do is keep your params stable and hope he pulls through.
Id suggest cipro but given he came from an existing tank its probably not bacterial.
 
Well good news and bad. The good is I just started to have coraline in my tank, bad my bta didn’t make it:(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new