Thinking about getting a maxspect gyre?

TheInfamous

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2015
Messages
66
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently changing my fowlr to a reef, and I need more water movement to sustain coral health and growth. I have zoas and mushrooms now and a few lps, but looking to get into other lps and sps. My tank size is 60in x 18in x 24in. Thinking about getting a xf150, is that too much or the 130 is good enough. Is there any other powerheads that will do the job and not take up a lot of space in the tank?
 
The 150 would be a good choice. Shouldn't need any other power heads, but set it up slowly. You could do multiple mp40's but IMO the small footprint of the gyre will be better than the mp40's and cheaper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new