Thinking about getting Black Maxima

mlewandowski61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its probably here somewhere but cant find. I am thinking about getting a small 1 1/2-2 " Black Maxima. Is it a absolute must that its fed until it a certain size ? Have heard and red conflicting info elsewhere

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you defiently don't have to feed baby maximas. I have one that is one inch and I don't feed it and it is fine. The big thing is once you put it in your tank you should leave it alone. Messing with clams is really what kills them IMO

OP
OP
M

mlewandowski61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Reeferdude. The guy that has them says he feeds them oyster feast. do you think since they are use to that that they will be more senstive or harder to keep alive if not fed by me?

Reeferdude56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one that i bought the guy was feeding it phytoplankton but as long as you put the clam in an area where it wont be bothered it should be fine. mine wasn't bothered for about 3 weeks because it but it in a plastic container so fish or snails couldn't get in to bother it. Now i have it on a rock and my blenny bothers it pretty frequently but IMO it got used to my tank conditions and my lighting he is fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back