Thinking About Upgrading to a Cube!

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I currently am running a very simple 20g tank, which is doing well for what it is. Of course the entirety of its life I've been contemplating on upgrading to a larger setup that can continually be upgraded in itself. Now I don't want an extremely large tank, so I've landed on a 60 cube to be a decent size for my interests and bank account. I won't be building this anytime soon, but right now I'm in the planning phase with potential of moving from Wisconsin to someplace along the West Coast.

I'm curious from anyone that has had experiences with this tank: What are the drawbacks/benefits to these dimensions? Benefits to rimless/framed? Worth trying to get a custom build or do the stock RR tanks fit the bill?

I think I'll start it there, but hopefully can maintain an ongoing discussion for a planned build!

Thanks for all your input!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest advantage I see is more scape design possibilities. I'm moving from a 60g rectangle to a 93 cube and I can't wait for a new scape.

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dead spots are always going to be a tank by tank situation, IMO. The scape and pumps will be your biggest factors.

OP
OP
W

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know about any good scape designs, or a place I can find some? I've browsed the Cube club and looked at a few, but if anyone knows a great example they should paste a link!

OP
OP
W

WallEyes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, would a Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 be acceptable for a 60 cube? or what issues with that would I find?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 56 47.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back