thinking of switching tanks

ducati1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red sea reefer 350 which is a 75 gallon tank with 18 gallon sump. Typical sump under tank setup. I am thinking of downsizing to a Innovative marine 50 lagoon ext and getting a larger sump that I have off to one side in its own space. So not in cabinet under tank.

Thinking of that for a few reasons. The part of the tank I like the most is mucking around in my sump and all the gadgets and electronics. I dont want my sump shut away and I would like a larger sump than a lagoon 50 stand can hold. As for the tank I like innovative marine BUT have not used a tank from them before. 50 seems like a nice size for what I do which is a few corals, 5 or 6 fish and tons of shrimp and hermits. I do not keep my tank as a show piece for sure

So few questions how are innovative marine tanks? Is the lagoon 50 a nice size? Is a sump off to the side setup easy to plumb and work with?

BTW that hair algae is much better had a bad outbreak after some summer neglect from travel and its 100x better than it was. Chipping away at it.

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2382.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not really. It’s only 30” long and 24” deep and in time you’ll outgrow it. Sun for at least 36” length in which you can utilize a 24-30” sump

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back