Thinking to buy Kessil a360w

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Joeganja take the comments and name calling somewhere else and lets talk reefing. Kessil makes a great product my corals are growing so much my 5 360's are starting to get shaded so may be time to add more at new angles or maybe an ap700 and angle the 360's

Or supplement with t5 because they have the most even light spread [emoji12]

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whys everyone using so many kessils over their tank?

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And from everything I have read the light is not the most important thing to keep corals happy and healthy.
1. Stability
2. The right flow for type of corals in tank
3. Lights

Many successful reefs are using many different led's.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a radion xr15w G4 instead.
9ce7422c8c97713f5df2b77f42111fe3.jpg
This is complete Bravo Sierra.

Gil03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you guys are trying to tell me that as far as what the kessils offer compared to ecotech and aqua illumination is comparable and similar? Forget the features and wifi capabilities. Kessil has the shimmer yes, makes corals pop nicely yes, intense, and popular but I don't think for a second that I would ever consider choosing kessil over a radion. Radion is significantly a better light, better spectrum, more par, forget that graph it may be biased coming from the source. But be that as it may I believe that radions and hydras do a much bettee job growing coral compared to kessils. Not knocking kessils down but it is what it is. You have blue and white leds, a single source of light. You have shadowing effects. I've had kessil I know. But do as you may. I think those who have hydras and radions will agree that's why so many people sell their kessils "wanting to try something different" for $399 for a kessil that sits at 90watts and xr15 for 95 watts eh not big of a difference but you get those other colors, you get the controllable features through reef link, not to mention better color blending through the new optic lenses. You won't be disappointed with neither lights. But truth be told those who have had both will surely agree.

Well it is just your opinion that AI's or Radions grow coral better however, it is my opinion that Kessil grows and colors up coral better and I've seen it on my own tank where I did nothing different but change my AI to a Kessil and my colors not only got significantly better but some developed colors that were never even there to begin with. On top of this I got much better growth in general. I don't care what the chart or PAR ratings say about Kessil, I only care about what I see in my tank. As far as people selling their kessil's i'd say it has much to do with the tinkering options and features like cloud cover/storm mode controllability etc. type stuff.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back