OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice choice on the fish, I use the clarisea I did the plumbing so I could remove it from the sump to change the roll instead of struggling in the sump
Same! I put a Union right there so I can take it out for maintenance if needed. The pipe going into the clarisea isn’t glued it’s just snug in the fittinb to allow a little bit of movement as well.

Attachments

• 830075F6-B940-4F93-B4A3-D57B4913D82B.jpeg
    830075F6-B940-4F93-B4A3-D57B4913D82B.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First order from @Dr. Reef is in!

My order consisted of 2 black ice clowns, 2 bangaii cardinals, and 1 magnificent fox face. This is the first time I’ve ever ordered fish online so I was a little nervous but customer service was there to answer any question I had. They were very responsive during the entire process. I put my order in December 6th and received them today December 20th. I’m in the south suburbs of Chicago and the weather is pretty cold but the fish weren’t that cold and the heat packs were still nice and warm. Packaging was great and no DOA’s. Acclimation went smooth as well. The fox face did look stressed but I’ve had one before and they change colors so fast when anything spooks them so I wasn’t too worried about it.
01D3490F-FAFF-4E28-B98F-E187C09D08FD.jpeg

6FB87B3B-0C74-4060-BBD4-AD31D1FC7879.jpeg

1529897B-7FDF-4B21-8056-F9F959907AA6.jpeg

Blu-J

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO- HYDROS ATO

Finished up cabinet lighting today. Used these on my last build and they’re honestly the best for the money. Come with 6 bars that are linkable and come with a motion sensor so no need to add any door switches. Super bright too!
E5660843-45F6-4D75-9F03-CF9C2ED9D279.jpeg

Still gathering up stuff to plumb the clarisea sk3000. The spot it’s going to be in is extremely tight so I’m stuck between hard plumbing it or just using silicone for when it comes time to change the roll. Where it’s at in the picture is it where it’s going I just have my sump as storage for now lol.
can you send a link to the cabinet lights im going to get the same tank

Great thread!

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I have a few questions for you! Waterbox tanks are still on sale and i might buy the reef 150.4.
1) how many pounds of rocks did you use?
2) I curently have 2 ai pirmes. I see that you only use 2 hydra 32's, do you think that 4 primes would be alright?

Thank you! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: ✌️

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I have a few questions for you! Waterbox tanks are still on sale and i might buy the reef 150.4.
1) how many pounds of rocks did you use?
2) I curently have 2 ai pirmes. I see that you only use 2 hydra 32's, do you think that 4 primes would be alright?

Thank you! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: ✌️
Hey there Raph! Great choice for a tank lol I had the scape made by someone in Florida and they used about 70ish pounds of rock. As far as lights go I’m going to add an ai blade for fill light because the way the scape is I’m getting a lot of shadowing. 4 primes would probably be perfect if you spaced them out correctly. Your rock scape design is going to play a big part as well.

Raph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Raph! Great choice for a tank lol I had the scape made by someone in Florida and they used about 70ish pounds of rock. As far as lights go I’m going to add an ai blade for fill light because the way the scape is I’m getting a lot of shadowing. 4 primes would probably be perfect if you spaced them out correctly. Your rock scape design is going to play a big part as well.
Awesome thank you!

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came up on an amazing deal today on a Hawaiian yellow a local reefer was rehoming. I also had credit at my lfs so figured it would be the perfect time to get my tang gang! Picked up a gorgeous powder blue and a tomini to join the yellow. They’re in quarantine right now eating and looking really healthy. Was only able to snap a picture of the yellow for now but I’ll upload some more tomorrow! Pretty excited.

IMG_0425.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came up on an amazing deal today on a Hawaiian yellow a local reefer was rehoming. I also had credit at my lfs so figured it would be the perfect time to get my tang gang! Picked up a gorgeous powder blue and a tomini to join the yellow. They’re in quarantine right now eating and looking really healthy. Was only able to snap a picture of the yellow for now but I’ll upload some more tomorrow! Pretty excited.

IMG_0425.jpeg
Great find!

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t been too active on here but wanted to update this thread with a current photo. Going through a little bit of diatoms at the moment. Going to add pods soon!

IMG_0967.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t been too active on here but wanted to update this thread with a current photo. Going through a little bit of diatoms at the moment. Going to add pods soon!

IMG_0967.jpeg
Best of luck to getting rid of the diatoms!

GrandmaReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. When I first got the tank setup Waterbox sent me the wrong plumbing for the emergency drain. It was way too long so I cut it until they sent me the replacement. Fast forward to today when the new plumbing came in and it’s still wrong lol. Figured this was a good time to relocate the emergency a little bit further back because when the pump is set a little higher the waterfall goes right into the emergency and makes a whole bunch of noise. The tank is now COMPLETELY SILENT.

46D28B78-DA69-41A8-9637-5B9A666DAFD8.jpeg
Hey! Question - did you have to cut the drain pipe? I can’t dial it in to get it silent and would like to do this but the clearance between the drain pipe and returns is so low…

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Question - did you have to cut the drain pipe? I can’t dial it in to get it silent and would like to do this but the clearance between the drain pipe and returns is so low…
I cut it just enough to where I could put those two 45’s in and relocate the drain to the back of the overflow. It was pretty tedious to get it right lol.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a huge help! Thank you!! The noise is driving me crazy.
Trust me I know! I have 2 gyres on each side so the noise was ridiculous. A little tip for you if you do this mod is go slow. You’re going to have to cut a small 2 inch piece off the original piping to get the elbows to connect. Then from there slip it onto the drain and cut a little off and test fit so it’s not too high but higher than it originally was. I rotated it towards the back of the overflow so the splashes didn’t go in the pipe. I should’ve made a video because it’s a really common thing on the Infinia line for some reason.

OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I see a clean bare bottom tank, I wish I would have gone that way.
It’s actually my first time doing bare bottom so I’m sure they’ll be some issues down the line. Right now going through the dreaded ugly stage. I have some snails in qt at the moment so once they’re out I’m hoping things get better. Really trying to be patient this time around :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_1354.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back