OP
OP
Arcu2

Arcu2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up. How are the 3 tangs doing together?
Quite well actually! At first the yellow and powder blue would chase each other around but that stopped after a week. Luckily nobody got hurt. Now everybody just minds their business and when they get nori every body lets each other eat :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Tracdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me I know! I have 2 gyres on each side so the noise was ridiculous. A little tip for you if you do this mod is go slow. You’re going to have to cut a small 2 inch piece off the original piping to get the elbows to connect. Then from there slip it onto the drain and cut a little off and test fit so it’s not too high but higher than it originally was. I rotated it towards the back of the overflow so the splashes didn’t go in the pipe. I should’ve made a video because it’s a really common thing on the Infinia line for some reason.
Good advice! I contracted Waterbox to buy a second emergency drain piece so I have a back up. I have some spare pipe from cutting the main drain so I could always add more if I over do it.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s actually my first time doing bare bottom so I’m sure they’ll be some issues down the line. Right now going through the dreaded ugly stage. I have some snails in qt at the moment so once they’re out I’m hoping things get better. Really trying to be patient this time around :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Doesn't look too bad lol

vortexreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Raph! Great choice for a tank lol I had the scape made by someone in Florida and they used about 70ish pounds of rock. As far as lights go I’m going to add an ai blade for fill light because the way the scape is I’m getting a lot of shadowing. 4 primes would probably be perfect if you spaced them out correctly. Your rock scape design is going to play a big part as well.
Do you by chance have the contact info for who made your rockscape?

Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back