That doesn’t look like algae on your sand, that looks like red slime (Cyano bacteria) can you take a clear photo with just whites? To confirm.
If it is red slime I suggest, using:
Amazon product ASIN B001EUG8PG
I had it once, this will definitely clear it up like magic in a couple days. Only issue is your going to have to qt your cheato when you treat so it doesn’t hurt it.
Red slime is caused by high nitrates, and bad water quality. So this is just a temporary fix, “kinda”. I say kinda because you can just do it again lol.
Edit: I also used the brand “Red Slime” with just as much success. If that’s all your LFS has, most the time they carry one or the other.
On a good note, your cheato reactor should do good work at keeping your nitrates low. Also make sure not to over feed.
looking at your photo again I am like 90% sure it’s red slime.