OP
LearningHow2Reef

LearningHow2Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there guys.
Today I am heading to the fish store because I need some water to fill my tank, and I would like to know if I should buy some tests.
Actually I have these tests
- Nitrates
- Phospates
- Calcium
- Magnesium
- Alkalinity
- Refractometer
I guess I will have to buy one for the pH, but I dont know if is there anything missing.
Thank you for your time :)

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about it! Thank you!
Wow very impressive for a first time try at this hobby, I think u will do well judging by your set up( aquascape looks great) and knowledge u already have,, I’m also doing my first ever try at this hobby at moment and did not have half of what u already have going on. This website is awesome for help and information and the people here could not be anymore nicer and helpful,, no matter what time it is or what question is ( even if it’s been asked 100x already) the members here are quick to help with no judgement. They are reason I’m at the point I’m at. I got a fully cycled tank in only 2 weeks
Welcome Aboard R2R, ur gonna love it here

OP
OP
LearningHow2Reef

LearningHow2Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow very impressive for a first time try at this hobby, I think u will do well judging by your set up( aquascape looks great) and knowledge u already have,, I’m also doing my first ever try at this hobby at moment and did not have half of what u already have going on. This website is awesome for help and information and the people here could not be anymore nicer and helpful,, no matter what time it is or what question is ( even if it’s been asked 100x already) the members here are quick to help with no judgement. They are reason I’m at the point I’m at. I got a fully cycled tank in only 2 weeks
Welcome Aboard R2R, ur gonna love it here
Wow, thank you so much for your words!! Yes, I can see! This forum is amazing and everyone is so nice! Congratulations about your tank, I would like to see it

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1580783397984.gif

OP
OP
LearningHow2Reef

LearningHow2Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there guys! How are you!?
Today I went to my local fish store and I gave them a sample of my water and they told me that everything was nice! So I think that tomorrow I will be adding live stock to the aquarium!
Im planning to start with a pair of ocellaris, and im wondering, should I add too the small animals? (I mean copepods and stuff, I am sorry, english isnt my first lenguage), and how should I fed those ocellaris?
I have read that you have to wait after you put fishes so your tank matures... Does this work with corals aswell? should I wait a bit for adding corals?
I have another question aswell. I would like to put my lights to work, and I was thinking... how should I program them? I usually arrive hom at 18:00/19:00, so I was thinking in this schedule:
(The first and second porcentages are blue lights and the third one is the white light)
00:01-10:00 0% 0% 0%
10:01-12:00 25% 25% 15%
12:01-14:00 50% 50% 25%
14:01-16:00 75% 75% 50%
16:01-20:00 100% 100% 50%
20:01-22:00 50% 50% 25%
22:01-00:00 20% 20% 5%

Is this schedule okay? should I change anything?
As always, thank you in advance guys for your time and patience!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back