This is your biggest problem....

Do you have a “big” problems or issues keeping a reef tank?

• Yes and I’ll tell you what it is....

Votes: 49 11.2%
  • Nope no big issues...

Votes: 110 25.2%
  • Nothing big just small things...

Votes: 277 63.5%

• Total voters

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest issue is going from this
Screenshot_20190518-113831_Photos.jpg
to this after fighting cyano and now dino and losing the love for the tank.
After all the red monti just got paler and slowly died. I cut out the old bare white skeleton and fingers crossed there is still a couple spots with polyps left that hopefully might come back.

I just need to clean the glass a give it a bit of TLC as the headache of cyano which I believe was a low phosphate issue I.e undetectable on my salifert kit. Now snotty dino it seems never ending.
Screenshot_20190517-220257_Gallery.jpg

AQUANATURE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue is my wife, every time I set up a tank, and it's run in, and we place a fish or two, she decides its time to move houses.

I set up 8ftx2ftx2ft she decided it's time to move, I sold that set up to the person buying the house.

We bought a unit, I think you call them a condo, I set up 5ftx2.5ftx2ft, this time she didn't like the condo, we sold that condo and that tank is in Dad's garage in unused

Now I'm setting up a 12ft x 2.5ft x 2.5ft and the wife talking about a new employment opportunity over your place in Florida

Turtlesteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, time. Between work and family, I am lucky to have time to look at the tank let alone do any maintenance. As I'm typing this, my son says I've got to help him RIGHT NOW...

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest problem is I have no money, but I cant make any because I'm only 14, so by the time I get my tank started, I'll be moving out!

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really having the money to buy what I really want or need. I'm not talking about enough money to pay even a $1K for a fish or other tank inhabitants, I'm talking being able to buy the equipment for the tank, dosers, Neptune stuff etc. Being in the hobby on & off for 30-40 yrs I've seen alot change. No one I knew or even talked to had any idea about reefing & 99% of fish were caught with cyanide so they never lived past a yr if bought from any store within 200 miles. Now things are alot better but some things are still out of my range. The good part is I actually have fish that have been with me for 2+ yrs 7 I see that others have had some for 5,10 even 20yrs which is fantastic.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest problem is I have no money, but I cant make any because I'm only 14, so by the time I get my tank started, I'll be moving out!

Tell everyone you want money for birthday, Xmas & any other gift times. Some will give it to you some wont. I used to cut grass when I was your age.

Mattman1977

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest issue is going from this
Screenshot_20190518-113831_Photos.jpg
to this after fighting cyano and now dino and losing the love for the tank.
After all the red monti just got paler and slowly died. I cut out the old bare white skeleton and fingers crossed there is still a couple spots with polyps left that hopefully might come back.

I just need to clean the glass a give it a bit of TLC as the headache of cyano which I believe was a low phosphate issue I.e undetectable on my salifert kit. Now snotty dino it seems never ending.
Screenshot_20190517-220257_Gallery.jpg

Dino is a pain to get rid of. I’m not sure if I have yet or not. Don’t want to raise the victory flag to early. Can’t get readable nitrate still but phosphate reading 0.13. Dosing brightwell nitrate trying to raise it some.

Good luck
Matt

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back