This little guys has a story to tell : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4978BE8E-FF0D-4D9A-BB94-BD7B9D242929.jpeg

Here are some photos of my pink tipped rainbow anemones and my fishes. My tank is pretty new too. I started cycling it in May and started adding corals on June 21st. The fishes were added a week or so later from my other tank. My last tank had live ocean rock, but I didn’t like the volunteers. I used a yellow filter. Not sure why the photos are so blue...
Lightroom has a free app you can use to edit your pics. It’s awesome! And... wow, you loaded up with livestock quickly : )

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lightroom has a free app you can use to edit your pics. It’s awesome! And... wow, you loaded up with livestock quickly : )
Most of them are pretty small. I have a friend who grows and sells corals. I got most of the guys in my tank for &10 or $15 bucks. They all seem very healthy, just need time to grow. He grows more colorful SPS. I like LPS more, but need to save money to get what I want at the hefty retail prices. I’ll check out Lightroom. My iPhone has a decent editor too. Mostly, it’s time that I run out of. I have three aquariums to take care of which is not an easy proposition. I have a 40 gallon freshwater, a 20 gallon freshwater in my garage which I love and my new 50 gallon REDSEA. As soon as I can find more of this beautiful blue coral rock, I’m gonna fire up my Nano 20 and it will be a Reef Only tank. Water testing and water changes take up a substantial part of my week. I kind of love doing it so, it’s a-okay with me.
9AA61EF1-0157-4B3C-9EDF-5C0EBEB0AD01.jpeg

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of them are pretty small. I have a friend who grows and sells corals. I got most of the guys in my tank for &10 or $15 bucks. They all seem very healthy, just need time to grow. He grows more colorful SPS. I like LPS more, but need to save money to get what I want at the hefty retail prices. I’ll check out Lightroom. My iPhone has a decent editor too. Mostly, it’s time that I run out of. I have three aquariums to take care of which is not an easy proposition. I have a 40 gallon freshwater, a 20 gallon freshwater in my garage which I love and my new 50 gallon REDSEA. As soon as I can find more of this beautiful blue coral rock, I’m gonna fire up my Nano 20 and it will be a Reef Only tank. Water testing and water changes take up a substantial part of my week. I kind of love doing it so, it’s a-okay with me.
9AA61EF1-0157-4B3C-9EDF-5C0EBEB0AD01.jpeg
Nice chunk of blue ridge coral skeleton! I have 2 large chunks of it in my tank.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice chunk of blue ridge coral skeleton! I have 2 large chunks of it in my tank.
I think it is so beautiful! Way prettier than that brown stuff that you can get that I had in my old tank. I also like the no sand! Sand is filled with all kinds of creatures that lurk and loot and seemingly reek havoc on things in your aquarium, from my experience...like the dreaded bristle worm...send a photo.

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is so beautiful! Way prettier than that brown stuff that you can get that I had in my old tank. I also like the no sand! Sand is filled with all kinds of creatures that lurk and loot and seemingly reek havoc on things in your aquarium, from my experience...like the dreaded bristle worm...send a photo.
received_774891199651569.jpeg
received_2426401627470219.jpeg

All of that coral came from the same person in Florida. His prices are great, unfortunately right now his selection is pretty empty. There's 2 large pieces of fire coral skeleton, table coral, stag horn, 2 cats paw , the red pipe organ and a sea fan. Also a slipper coral skeleton.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few of you have been watching this thread... I think this story is about to end : (

He’s gone. All I know for certain is that he is not longer on the rock he has been on. I can’t find him. I hope he didn’t get sucked into my over flow... or worse, a powerhead. All I know is, I can’t find him : ( sad day.

legrunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah dang.... I know how you feel. I was pretty bummed out when my mushroom disappeared, but really hoping yours will turn up again one fine day out of the blue like mine did...

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is the plot twist in this epic story and he will be back to surprise you. (Dramatic music playing in the background) keep us updated. Could be that it was finally ready to try and get to a place of higher light or higher flow and begin growing again. I hope that's the case.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this is the plot twist in this epic story and he will be back to surprise you. (Dramatic music playing in the background) keep us updated. Could be that it was finally ready to try and get to a place of higher light or higher flow and begin growing again. I hope that's the case.
Hoping

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back