O

One Day Lsx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal @Mibu

It in fact did help the tang. I dosed it yesterday, at 10, with Paracleanse. Following Humblefish's hybrid TTM, I transferred back into a clean tank tonight. I noticed the pinched belly yesterday on the purple tang. I mixed 3 packets of the Paracleans and dumped into my 27G quarentine. 23 hours and 45 minutes later, I put into the clean non medicated quarentine tank to look at its NORMAL BELLY. It also was 'fighting' its tankmate, which I have kept separated for this issue and it is acting just like the sailfin tang, which is healthy and strong. I can say the fish will 100% make a full recovery and i dont care what anyone says, i rescued a purple tang from petco. Cause if it would have died there, they get a replacement shipped to them. Thank you Jay and Mibu for all the help and anyone else that helped me!

OP
OP
O

One Day Lsx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow, I will feed it's normal medicated food, with some Nori too. For at least another 3-5 days. Idk if the paracleanse worked or if it was all the medicated food I have been feeding, either way, my story is here for others to learn and read about.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about a picture for other's to see?
I am glad it's acting like a purple tang should. Best of fortunes.
And, thank you for updating and letting us know how treatment has gone. :)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal @Mibu

It in fact did help the tang. I dosed it yesterday, at 10, with Paracleanse. Following Humblefish's hybrid TTM, I transferred back into a clean tank tonight. I noticed the pinched belly yesterday on the purple tang. I mixed 3 packets of the Paracleans and dumped into my 27G quarentine. 23 hours and 45 minutes later, I put into the clean non medicated quarentine tank to look at its NORMAL BELLY. It also was 'fighting' its tankmate, which I have kept separated for this issue and it is acting just like the sailfin tang, which is healthy and strong. I can say the fish will 100% make a full recovery and i dont care what anyone says, i rescued a purple tang from petco. Cause if it would have died there, they get a replacement shipped to them. Thank you Jay and Mibu for all the help and anyone else that helped me!
Here is just a thought: when I hear of a fish that goes from full bodied to skinny or vice versa in a matter of hours, I always wonder if it has gone through a big salinity change. We see this most often in fish purchased from a store at day, 1.020 and then acclimated at home to 1.025. The fish basically dehydrates despite the acclimation. The reverse process can also flood water into the fish’s tissues, bulking it up over night.
Jay

OP
OP
O

One Day Lsx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is just a thought: when I hear of a fish that goes from full bodied to skinny or vice versa in a matter of hours, I always wonder if it has gone through a big salinity change. We see this most often in fish purchased from a store at day, 1.020 and then acclimated at home to 1.025. The fish basically dehydrates despite the acclimation. The reverse process can also flood water into the fish’s tissues, bulking it up over night.
Jay
I matched their salinity when I put up the quarentine tanks, which was 1.023 and my mixture is 1.025 usually. I will post pictures later when I get home.

OP
OP
O

One Day Lsx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's before and after. Before was taken a few days ago, after last night. Today, I cooked it up some medium rare PE mysis (had to microwave some as I was on the run today) and it actually finally ate it. Four or five pieces. Its eating Nori as well!!! I just found it funny it wouldn't eat cold refrigerated PE Mysis but when I heated it up it did @Mibu @Jay Hemdal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-192605_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20210627-192605_Video Player.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210621_201301.jpg
    20210621_201301.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 27

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking terrible. Maybe jay can tell you when is best to stop treatment.
I stop deworming when poo looks normal. When it's no longer stringy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great to hear its eating. You need to step up greatly on diet. Mysis will not do it and in the future, place food in warm tank water rather than nuking it.
These fish are herbivores and at minimum, you want to feed them:
-Spirulina brine shrimp
- LRS Herbivore diet
- mysis shrimp
- small plankton
- Nori seaweed basted with garlic extract
- Hikari Marine cuisine
- Formula 2 flake and frozen
- Hikari veggie marine

Add selcon vitamins to the foods 2-3X per week and on alternating days, garlic extract for stamina and immunity health

Back