This worm actually made me jump back when i found it

krystinaxlea

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2023
Messages
46
Reaction score
17
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was readjusting a little log we have and when I picked it up all I saw was a stomach? Part. I literally jumped back, it surprised me. Does anyone know what it is and is it safe for my fish, crabs, snails, and coral/mushroom corals?
They're my main concern obviously and I just want to make sure this thing won't be able to hurt anything in the tank.
I'm still new to this so thank you for all and any help.
Oh it also shrinks up into the big blob looking thing.

20240116_161110.jpg 20240116_161131.jpg 20240116_161710.jpg 20240116_161956.jpg

Edit:
It now looks like this
And the brown stuff outside the worm has it got bigger? Idk what's going on. 20240116_181212.jpg 20240116_181212.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was readjusting a little log we have and when I picked it up all I saw was a stomach? Part. I literally jumped back, it surprised me. Does anyone know what it is and is it safe for my fish, crabs, snails, and coral/mushroom corals?
They're my main concern obviously and I just want to make sure this thing won't be able to hurt anything in the tank.
I'm still new to this so thank you for all and any help.
Oh it also shrinks up into the big blob looking thing.

20240116_161110.jpg 20240116_161131.jpg 20240116_161710.jpg 20240116_161956.jpg

Edit:
It now looks like this
And the brown stuff outside the worm has it got bigger? Idk what's going on. 20240116_181212.jpg 20240116_181212.jpg
These freak out many people yet are very reef safe and eat uneaten food and detritus making them very beneficial
 
Awww hellllll. Why did they have to call it a PEANUT worm. Thanks a lot!! I’ll think of this from here on out. I don’t like to kill anything but I’d hate that in my tank.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new