Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed the order, got a confirmation and was good to go. Logged back in and saw 12 more still in stock.

I then called and upgraded shipping to two day and was charged for that over the phone.

Logged in this morning, stills says picking status. Called and they say backorder. Are you kidding me. Is this how it operates?

Thanks @Bulk Reef Supply
Beyond furious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so over this crap. Fuming!

Wondered why they wouldnt return my emails. I wonder how long they were going to keep me in the dark?

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why isnt the money refunded yet? For the product and the expedited shipping

U

User1

View Badges
So I placed the order, got a confirmation and was good to go. Logged back in and saw 12 more still in stock.

I then called and upgraded shipping to two day and was charged for that over the phone.

Logged in this morning, stills says picking status. Called and they say backorder. Are you kidding me. Is this how it operates?

Thanks @Bulk Reef Supply
Beyond furious.

In your case, if the order went through and then they later upgraded your shipping per your request, they will probably take care of it when they receive the next shipment. Probably this week and you will be good. Hopefully do the right thing and refund your extra shipping rush.

Seems like you nor I can win though and the process is a bit rough in which case they need to work though. I believe you already know my situation in that my transaction hung and they really don't care or if they do can't do much about it when this happens to us. I think in your case though it might just be a delay of a couple days.

Sorry never the less. Bummer.

Here is my sob story. Probably made me gain a couple pounds after all of the ice cream and caramel I ate yesterday after getting denied!!!!
upload_2019-6-4_14-52-25-png.1092363

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your case, if the order went through and then they later upgraded your shipping per your request, they will probably take care of it when they receive the next shipment. Probably this week and you will be good. Hopefully do the right thing and refund your extra shipping rush.

Seems like you nor I can win though and the process is a bit rough in which case they need to work though. I believe you already know my situation in that my transaction hung and they really don't care or if they do can't do much about it when this happens to us. I think in your case though it might just be a delay of a couple days.

Sorry never the less. Bummer.

Here is my sob story. Probably made me gain a couple pounds after all of the ice cream and caramel I ate yesterday after getting denied!!!!
upload_2019-6-4_14-52-25-png.1092363
Yeah I seen yours as well. I'm just over it. I want the money back and I'm done chasing this rabbit down the hole.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to be upset about. It's all about who checks out with it first. If you've ever participated in a live sale you know how that works. It's a new product with an extremely limited supply. I'm surprised people thought it would work different. Just relax, stock will go up and you'll get one.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to be upset about. It's all about who checks out with it first. If you've ever participated in a live sale you know how that works. It's a new product with an extremely limited supply. I'm surprised people thought it would work different. Just relax, stock will go up and you'll get one.
And you have no idea on what you're talking about. Do you work at this store? What's your fact based statements based on?

U

User1

View Badges

This is a bit of a stretch.

The problem is actually with the vendor who is selling the product and the application they are using to do so. Specifically with regards to adding an item from "in stock" to your cart and how it isn't removed from their inventory. This is handled different on other eCommerce sites believe it or not. Usually you add an item to your cart it is immediately removed from inventory and a timer is started with it. If the person doesn't buy it in an amount of time it is removed from the cart and placed back in inventory.

In the case of @Demonic he actually paid for the product and later updated shipping. In the case of BRS and how their portal works his item was removed from inventory and his. I'm pretty sure BRS would, or if they don't should (because he has a confirmation number) honor his purchase when the next units come in.

In my case it is just how their portal works and no matter how I feel about it and believe it is a poor design ( i work with larger eCommerce sites(HP)) it is what it is. Me complaining about it isn't doing any good.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As others have said - usually, when you click an item and put it in your cart - its taken out of stock. Its not a race to see who checks out first on most sites (Ticketmaster for example - holds your 'tickets' for 10 minutes)

On the BRS Webpage there is a 'chat window'. You should have an order number. I would go to the chat and ask what their remedy is. Their customer service is usually great. At a minimum I would ask for free 'overnight' shipping. I tend to get upset about things like this as well. At the end of the day - its just stuff - it will work out.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As others have said - usually, when you click an item and put it in your cart - its taken out of stock. Its not a race to see who checks out first on most sites (Ticketmaster for example - holds your 'tickets' for 10 minutes)

On the BRS Webpage there is a 'chat window'. You should have an order number. I would go to the chat and ask what their remedy is. Their customer service is usually great. At a minimum I would ask for free 'overnight' shipping. I tend to get upset about things like this as well. At the end of the day - its just stuff - it will work out.

This is an almost instaneous chat - and should be faster - more efficient than email...

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called, was put on hold then came back and was told sorry we over sold. At that point I shut off mentally and pretty much hung up. My anger got the best of me. This whole situation is just frustrating from all sides. How do you let this happen as a company..both.
Is it that hard to sell the amount that you have? It's not the first time this has happened.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came here to vent... still fuming though. I wish the process was explained instead of sorry. Like a slap in the face. They still have my money, along with the expedited shipping money.

U

User1

View Badges
This is an almost instaneous chat - and should be faster - more efficient than email...

It is usually pretty quick. I know this isn't directed at me but was just supporting your comment. Although yesterday during the trident rush it was super slow, not quick, and so bad that I called while my cart was spinning. Queue depth on the phone was 80 :D

They do try I will say and I like what they do. But it did make me reach out to another vendor and asked them how they handle the cart situation... Their portal is wonky anyway because you can't even update your payment information (saving it) ahead of time. They make you purchase first then you can check the save button. Everything about their portal software is wrong based on my experience and my opinion having dealt in that live of RnD (just my opinion).

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all understand the frustration, to be told u have it and then not. I think we also all know that BRS wouldn’t do this on purpose, it wouldn’t be logical to upset your loyal customers, after all they r the ones that keep u in business. After u have had some time to calm down I would call them back and see what type of solution they can come up with so all parties r happy with the outcome.

U

User1

View Badges
I called, was put on hold then came back and was told sorry we over sold. At that point I shut off mentally and pretty much hung up. My anger got the best of me. This whole situation is just frustrating from all sides. How do you let this happen as a company..both.
Is it that hard to sell the amount that you have? It's not the first time this has happened.

Not to be vindictive but I would take a screen shot of your confirmation number, quick synopsis of the conversation, try and send a email to Ryan, and if nothing is resolved provide feedback to the public stating the facts. I will say ignoring your anger having a confirmation number isn't over selling and you should get first dibs on the next shipment.

Clearly there is a issue with their portal. I understand my situation and how they wouldn't help so I won't go to social media. In your case it is clearly different and should give them a chance to fix, if not then just state the facts. I personally would fix it because it is the right thing to do and not doing so is clearly going to show how customers are treated. To me that is worth fixing and fixing fast.

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they oversold on the fist batch those that didn't get one that time got them out of their next shipment. I would assume, but you could chat with them and verify, that the same will happen to yours and you will have one in a week or less. Also I bet if you ask they will refund the expedited shipping costs and very well may offer to still expedite it for your inconvenience.

No I don't work there. I am a very satisfied customer though and they've gone above and beyond every time I've encountered an issue. I know you're frustrated but the finish line is in sight for you and another week without it won't kill your tank. I hope you stick with it and wait it out, personally I think it's worth it.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not to be vindictive but I would take a screen shot of your confirmation number, quick synopsis of the conversation, try and send a email to Ryan, and if nothing is resolved provide feedback to the public stating the facts. I will say ignoring your anger having a confirmation number isn't over selling and you should get first dibs on the next shipment.

Clearly there is a issue with their portal. I understand my situation and how they wouldn't help so I won't go to social media. In your case it is clearly different and should give them a chance to fix, if not then just state the facts. I personally would fix it because it is the right thing to do and not doing so is clearly going to show how customers are treated. To me that is worth fixing and fixing fast.

I agree with this. I will say that its probably rare that hundreds of people are trying to order 'product x' at one time - so I can see where it can overwhelm their system. Perhaps @Ryanbrs or someone else can help?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know they would not do it on purpose, just to have it happen again is crazy. I am sure I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't try my hardest to get one of these things and then finally grab one and get super excited. Its like you're a kid (yeah I am inside) and you come downstairs on Christmas morning knowing fully you got that bike you want and then get told sorry, we didn't get you anything this year. My level of disappointment and anger right now.

Probably better I calm down all the way before I ruin someone else's day on the other end of the phone.

Also I know BRS is monitoring the thread. Just don't know why they haven't responded with an email/text/phone call or even here (which I wouldn't expect here)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back